Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who develops RCT 4? Who is Area 52?

As long as the project is being worked on, and turns out good, It doesn't bother me.

Passive Peep
    Predicting it now: This game, when released, will be a HUGE disappointment.

You can see my other thread about my biggest worry being so close to release and yet almost no info on the game which goes in further depth in discussion.

There's no way this game lives up to all of our hype. And this make me extremely sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Indiglow View Post
    Predicting it now: This game, when released, will be a HUGE disappointment.

You can see my other thread about my biggest worry being so close to release and yet almost no info on the game which goes in further depth in discussion.

There's no way this game lives up to all of our hype. And this make me extremely sad.
    Not to be negative, but I'm leaning this way too. I want the game to succeed so much and I still have faith, but I'm bracing for the worst. I really want to love the game and I hope Area 52 allows me to do so. What worries me is the switch in development seemingly so late in the development, the lack of any real info, Atari's track record, and the trend of appealing to a broader audience that seems to be sweeping the video game industry.

If they avoid pandering to the lowest common denominator and rushing the game to make a buck, I think we'll have a great game on our hands.

I see nothing out of the ordinary or worrisome so far from typical game development. Its only AAA games like EA or Ubisoft who own a chain of studios - every other game is made by these outsourced companies that appear and disappear.
    Simply not true at all. For those of us who have been in the software game for decades, what is happening here is actually quite troubling. Im hoping not a death sentence, but its isnt an ideal situation at all.

You wouldn't work on a game and no not know what everyone else did.
    again, depending of team size, this is also basically completely untrue. Its what makes Project Managers so valuable, with so many moving parts its incredibly hard to keep everyone up to date on even " need to know" information.
    Last edited by BigDaddy; 01-05-2015 at 05:20 PM.

Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts and concerns. I will try to answer some questions about Area 52 Games and that might help shed some light on our expertise and experience.

Who are these guys? Area 52 Games is a relatively new company, but the core team (about 75% of the company) has worked together at other companies for the last 6 years. This core team created Marvel Super Hero Squad, Star Wars: Attack Squadrons and, fun fact, Carcassone on the XBox. Some of our key members were instrumental in shipping the previously mentioned titles, such as Tropico Sid Meyer's Pirates (which were mentioned in the Area 52 Dev Blog post). When I say instrumental, I mean they were lead designers, art directors, executive producers, etc. They were key personnel that shaped the games.

Don’t screw up RCTW!
    Dude, we are so there with you on this one. We are a veteran team with an average of 15 years game industry experience. We are huge fans of the franchise. We want to do the right thing. We are working closely with Atari, as our publisher, to bring the finest game experience to fruition. It’s so heartening to see posts where fans are saying “Take the time to do it right”. We couldn't agree more.

Thanks everyone and even if you don't see Dre_Roberts logged in, I do have other unofficial accounts that I use to read the forums. I am constantly reading, gathering feedback to report to my team to answer the questions that I can. I will only ever post in the forums as Dre_Roberts, so accept no imitations.

-Dre

Quote Originally Posted by Dre_Roberts View Post
    Thanks to everyone for sharing their thoughts and concerns. I will try to answer some questions about Area 52 Games and that might help shed some light on our expertise and experience.

Who are these guys? Area 52 Games is a relatively new company, but the core team (about 75% of the company) has worked together at other companies for the last 6 years. This core team created Marvel Super Hero Squad, Star Wars: Attack Squadrons and, fun fact, Carcassone on the XBox. Some of our key members were instrumental in shipping the previously mentioned titles, such as Tropico Sid Meyer's Pirates (which were mentioned in the Area 52 Dev Blog post). When I say instrumental, I mean they were lead designers, art directors, executive producers, etc. They were key personnel that shaped the games.

Don’t screw up RCTW!
    Dude, we are so there with you on this one. We are a veteran team with an average of 15 years game industry experience. We are huge fans of the franchise. We want to do the right thing. We are working closely with Atari, as our publisher, to bring the finest game experience to fruition. It’s so heartening to see posts where fans are saying “Take the time to do it right”. We couldn't agree more.

Thanks everyone and even if you don't see Dre_Roberts logged in, I do have other unofficial accounts that I use to read the forums. I am constantly reading, gathering feedback to report to my team to answer the questions that I can. I will only ever post in the forums as Dre_Roberts, so accept no imitations.

-Dre
    Nice to hear from you Dre!

I really like the fact that you guys are also big fans of the franchise, that makes the connection between customers and developers a little stronger.

Well, I hope you guys can make this game as we all hoped it would be. And again, take your time. Just one question though, if you guys couldn't agree more with that, is it possible to see RTCW being released later than 'early 2015'?

Quote Originally Posted by Dre_Roberts View Post

Don’t screw up RCTW!

-Dre
    Thanks for a very reassuring response Dre. I myself was a little presumptuous too but I really am looking forward to seeing more and more of what Studio 52 has to offer. Being a long term fan of the franchise as well it's very comforting to know that you'll treat the sequel with the care and respect it deserves. I hope that the future for RCT:W is bright!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12