Thread: rct2 won't load. "unable to initialize graphics system"

rct2 won't load. "unable to initialize graphics system"

I've had this not work straight from the cd. It was the reason i had to stop playing the games way back in the day. I downloaded it from steam and also own the original game cd. I have switched my compatibility run, changed to administrator settings, ran it from different places. simply cannot get it to work. I am aware microsoft's site says windows isn't compatible, but the old version was. any ideas???? i've been wanting to play this game for months!!!

what are your System Specs? Windows 7 or 8? GFX, RAM etc

and your trying to run the game though steam, Correct?

Have you tried Running it in XPSP3? or set steam launch options for -windowed

Atari Customer Support ChipmunkAtariCS's Avatar
    Hello,

Please send a support ticket at http://support.atari.com/ so that we can better assist you. Access the site and click on “Submit a help request”, select “Technical Support”, fill in your information and click on submit.

To better assist you with your issue, we would like to request a copy of your DXDiag to review. Please follow the steps below and paste the contents of the file into the ticket you submit.

To create a DXDiag report, follow these steps:

1. Click "Start" menu, then click "Run"
    2. In the "Open" box, type: DXDiag (hit enter)
    3. If this is your first time running DXDiag, click "Yes" to launch the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
    4. Click "Save All Information" to create a DXDiag report.
    5. Choose a name and location for the dump file (for ease of finding it we recommend the desktop) and click "Save".

Thank you for playing!

I Recently had to get a New Computer. SAME Specs/Everything but Chip ( a 2.5ghz in place of a 2.2 is the ONLY Difference). Running Windows 7. Bought my Copy From AMAZON. Running a GT520 NVidia. Game Ran Perfectly before the New Computer. Again Only Difference is Speed of Chip. Now I go to Open it and play, I get
    "unable to initialize graphics system".

I have gone into Properties and Tried Changing Compatibility. I have Tried Changing Screen Resolution. I UNinstalled and REinstalled it and still get the "Unable to Initialize Graphic System".