Thread: Adding Stair On Steep Path Placement

Lightbulb Adding Stair On Steep Path Placement

While I was watching the live stream, it seemed like it was really limiting on where you can place your paths and how long they need to be. So why not add stairs on the path when the user makes really steep paths?

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trezla View Post
    While I was watching the live stream, it seemed like it was really limiting on where you can place your paths and how long they need to be. So why not add stairs on the path when the user makes really steep paths?
    It seems they've done away with stairs almost entirely. If I remember it correctly it has to do with the common safety/accessibility regulations in amusement parks today. Most theme parks I've been to have very few stairs, often only on the entrance to a ride while the exit has a ramp system for complete accessibility.

Well, then the user could have an option to place a smooth path and stairs, both leading to the same location, then if the user doesn't have both, some peeps would complain about the inaccessible areas of the park.

Using the stairs as somewhat a shortcut for the peeps what don't have disabilities (if Atari actually add such variations of peeps).

Confirmed on alienware twitch stream by developers that there are no stairs. This seems silly. Many parks have stairs especially around their exits. I can count multiple sets at parks like Six Flags Magic Mountain or Disneyland that are a story or more high. This is a really poor exclusion.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by sub780lime View Post
    Confirmed on alienware twitch stream by developers that there are no stairs. This seems silly. Many parks have stairs especially around their exits. I can count multiple sets at parks like Six Flags Magic Mountain or Disneyland that are a story or more high. This is a really poor exclusion.
    Agreed. Not sure what they were thinking with that.