View Poll Results: Should Seasons Be a Factor in RCTW?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 80.95%
  • No

2 4.76%
  • Scenario-specific only

6 14.29%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Seasons

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    I mean, we could have this used for a park management stand point as well. For example, Springtime in the park. Less peeps are attracted, but you can lower prices.

There's really endless possibilities..

Scenario-specific would be interesting, but only if the scenario was set to a single fixed Season. Winter the entire time. snow every day, etc.

A "for instance"... it would make for a challenging scenario.
    Last edited by magicart87; 06-04-2015 at 10:08 PM.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by magicart87 View Post
    Scenario-specific would be interesting, but only if the scenario was set to a single fixed Season. Winter the entire time. snow every day, etc.
    I rather the devs keep it simple. A desert park or tropical park I could see though.

Depending on where the park is set, the seasons could be in different months and be affected differently (e.g. during winter in a tropical park, it would not snow at all).
    And with Unity 5, the effects could look pretty good.

I've said yes - I think there could be some really interesting dynamics in how you play the game with this addition.
    Obviously it wouldn't suit everyone so in the scenarios I think it would be good if the weather conditions were specific to the locale of the park, and in sandbox or 'free play' if it's included you should be able to turn the option on or off

I would love summer when it's hot and you sell a lot of ice cream and other refreshments, and winter when a layer of snow covers the park and you can sell a lot more coffee and other hot drinks !

Fine, as long as the seasons aren't tied to calender dates. There's a large number of players outside of the Northern Hemisphere who's seasons are the exact opposite.

I'd rather have perhaps four different optional seasons and the ability to choose one or more and assign them start/end dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Wabigbear View Post
    Fine, as long as the seasons aren't tied to calender dates. There's a large number of players outside of the Northern Hemisphere who's seasons are the exact opposite.

I'd rather have perhaps four different optional seasons and the ability to choose one or more and assign them start/end dates.
    You are a genius! I think this would be an excellent feature.
    I still think for certain scenarios it would be good to have the weather fixed - for example I don't think Bumbly Beach would have worked with snow - but being able to set the seasons on/off in sandbox would be good.

another way round it would be to remove months completely per say and have Year 1 Month 1 etc related to how long your park has been in business rather than tied to calendar dates

I love to go to theme parks in winter when they are covered with snow and they look awesome.

Glad to see I'm not the only one that thinks Winter is viable option. Yeah smaller parks often close down in winter months, but it would be nice to see the occasional snow fluries. Although as many others have stated; The hotter the better when it comes to in-park shop sales.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast