View Poll Results: Should Seasons Be a Factor in RCTW?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

34 80.95%
  • No

2 4.76%
  • Scenario-specific only

6 14.29%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Seasons

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraCheese View Post
    I would love summer when it's hot and you sell a lot of ice cream and other refreshments, and winter when a layer of snow covers the park and you can sell a lot more coffee and other hot drinks !
    I'd be ok with them skipping the winter season since most real parks shut down in the winter time. If you read my post above you'll see that we could still have a transition to winter without snow on the ground. At the end of October and the beginning of march devs could and in snow flakes falling. That doesn't mean snow on the ground but it gives the effect winter is right around the corner. And in march as the snow flakes stop falling it gives the effect of winter ending. So basically jsut a skip over of winter.

Yeah. But you should be able to turn it on/off. Which season you want. For example I only want winter and Fall. How long each season is should also be adjustable. Also it should be different for Each map. A jungle map. No seasons. Desert/Savannah, rain and dry period. And also normal seasons in a forest.

There should be all four seasons in the game. They can be scenario-specific only or come naturally by time in the game. For example if you're playing a cold winter scenario, it's best to set it up Winter Only, but if you're playing soemthing like Vanilla Hills I wanna be able to have snow in winter and really hot days in summer.

I think RCT didn't use to have winter because it was hard to come up with snow that sticks on the ground. It was impossible to design back then. Today that shouldn't be a problem. I'm fine if it's just snowing and the ground turns white. Whatever. But we really need four seasons in the game.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by Addictex View Post
    There should be all four seasons in the game. They can be scenario-specific only or come naturally by time in the game. For example if you're playing a cold winter scenario, it's best to set it up Winter Only, but if you're playing soemthing like Vanilla Hills I wanna be able to have snow in winter and really hot days in summer.

I think RCT didn't use to have winter because it was hard to come up with snow that sticks on the ground. It was impossible to design back then. Today that shouldn't be a problem. I'm fine if it's just snowing and the ground turns white. Whatever. But we really need four seasons in the game.
    The reason why November through February was skipped is because that's when outdoor parks in colder climates usually shut down. I would like to see the leaves change colors in fall though and some sort of transition between October and March. For example leaves falling off the trees and snow flakes falling at the end of October and then the snow flakes stop falling early March and trees start growing leaves . Same goes for flowers. Basically an indication winter is about to start in October and winter is ending in March. But we don't need a whole winter season. I don't see why it needs to change. March through October worked. Why change it now?

*I should also add to that that indoor parks should be an option too. For example on maps where it's always cold we build indoor parks. Or it could just be a scenario specific thing. Like we have a scenario where we are tasked with building an indoor park. Not because it's cold all the time but maybe just as a unique challenge. We would need a way for walls to be transparent though. This would also make building indoor rides easier.

I think it would be awesome to walk around an indoor park or ride in first person view. I think it add a whole new level of complexity. Also riding indoor coasters would be fun too. I think it could be really interesting.
    Last edited by OTR24; 06-11-2015 at 09:14 AM.

To expand on this, I think there needs to be season-specific content if we are to make seasons a thing.

For instance, the theme park Jazzland (before it was bought by Six Flags and then abandoned after Hurricane Katrina) was built in Louisiana, which is very hot. They didn't put misters or path overheads and thus when people went, they baked. This would drain energy and ultimately could dampen the experience.

When Six Flags bought it, these things were definitely welcome additions!

Obviously umbrellas have been around since the first RollerCoaster Tycoon, but maybe if we're going to go this route, all sorts of weather should be considered in relation to the peeps!

Yes, but I think there should be an option to turn them off just incase you don't want them. Besides not every park goes through all 4 seasons. If I build a Floridian park and it snows constantly that's concerning!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123