Thread: Mini games

Mini games

Theirs been alot of talk about playing a peep well what about actually playing the rides like the mini putput golf course or if they add it again go carts or some form of maize that you could play by yourself for a score or with a friend just to make the game more in depth I mean just think of the rides or mini games that rtcworld could do an we could play for are self no more fun just for peeps give the players fun too an I really don't think this would take away from the base game just add a new fun creative element I feel like it needed in rtc 3 we never had

Im of the camp that would like to see the franchise have these, but not actually play them in 1st person.

Thrillville tried this and truthfully, boring.

KOTOR had a great RPG game going but then it would throw in an arcade style challenge. One that if you could not beat, then you were stuck and that was the end for you. So no. Maybe a cut scene of the peep playing the game, but not of you trying to hit the catapult and launch a frog to a lily pad, or aiming the squirt gun to blow up the balloon.

Quote Originally Posted by dwwilkin View Post
    Im of the camp that would like to see the franchise have these, but not actually play them in 1st person.

Thrillville tried this and truthfully, boring.

KOTOR had a great RPG game going but then it would throw in an arcade style challenge. One that if you could not beat, then you were stuck and that was the end for you. So no. Maybe a cut scene of the peep playing the game, but not of you trying to hit the catapult and launch a frog to a lily pad, or aiming the squirt gun to blow up the balloon.
    True but you wouldn't have to play it just something to enjoy and it would be nice to play with friends and I like the thrillville experience being able to walk around an drive your on go cart rides and playing the minigames I loved that not saying we have to remake thrillville but at least take the mini game element from it especially since we're going to have multi player

Quote Originally Posted by warwar3000 View Post
    True but you wouldn't have to play it just something to enjoy and it would be nice to play with friends and I like the thrillville experience being able to walk around an drive your on go cart rides and playing the minigames I loved that not saying we have to remake thrillville but at least take the mini game element from it especially since we're going to have multi player
    It would be cool if it's implemented right, even as single player.

Not sure. Minigames have the potential to be really fun, but the engine doesn't really seem built around them. If they can be implemented properly, it'd be immersive and fun, but otherwise would probably just feel like a gimmick.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamer Gamer View Post
    Not sure. Minigames have the potential to be really fun, but the engine doesn't really seem built around them. If they can be implemented properly, it'd be immersive and fun, but otherwise would probably just feel like a gimmick.
    Why Unity5 cannot that ? -_-

The engine is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Angelis View Post
    Why Unity5 cannot that ? -_-

The engine is great.
    I didn't know the game is being made in Unity. I just figured it was an in-house engine. It's really strange seeing Unity being used for massive projects like this, I remember it when it was just used for side projects and web browser games.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamer Gamer View Post
    I didn't know the game is being made in Unity. I just figured it was an in-house engine. It's really strange seeing Unity being used for massive projects like this, I remember it when it was just used for side projects and web browser games.
    Well, you are not totally wrong, RCTW is not a "massive project", and this is certainly the biggest problem with this game : lack of financial resources. in comparison to RCT3. Maybe because of the "Atari" logo, but it's not a AAA game, Nvizzio is a small developpment studio, and Atari SA is pretty small now.

But sometimes small projects provide interesting things, and maybe they will incorporate mini-games in the future.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelis View Post
    Well, you are not totally wrong, RCTW is not a "massive project", and this is certainly the biggest problem with this game : lack of financial resources. in comparison to RCT3. Maybe because of the "Atari" logo, but it's not a AAA game, Nvizzio is a small developpment studio, and Atari SA is pretty small now.

But sometimes small projects provide interesting things, and maybe they will incorporate mini-games in the future.
    Then Mattlab lied to say that RCTW is a AAA game? Well, seeing that he said the same in Test Drive Unlimited 2, when neither is AAA title...

If you want a AAA game, will be Planet Coaster.