Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17

Thread: AUTOMATIC PATH PLACEMENT IDEA- Lamps, Bins and Benches

  1. #1
    Passive Peep
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    164

    Lightbulb AUTOMATIC PATH PLACEMENT IDEA- Lamps, Bins and Benches

    Dear MattLab, and to Curious Tycoons!

    One of the most time-consuming, yet unrewarding, chores for the previous games was to load hundreds of lamp posts, benches and trash cans onto the paths. I believe that a simple tool that automatically places lamp posts, benches and trashcans evenly along the paths would make the game so much more rewarding to us players. This new game has made coaster-making simpler and less time consuming, why wouldn't we make placing lights simpler and less time consuming. After all the game is about making roller coasters, not placing lights down.

    I believe that if Nvizzio hasn't added a tool like this, they are missing a trick. This was the one thing I hated about RCT3, particularly when I made a big park. After all, wouldn't it be nice to let all players see how beautiful the park is at night? It seems silly to update so many features and create such a modern game, but keep such a boring, mundane chore. This would give users, like me, more time to create, play and have fun.

    THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

  2. #2
    Not a bad idea. I personally would not use it as I like to go into every single detail.

    However, I understand that there will be many, many people who don't want to spend time on the tiny details like lamp placement and just want to build their park with ease. Atari need to cater for this market too, so I think this is definitely a good idea, as long as it is not forced of course.

    +Support

  3. #3
    I think that this is a great idea, provided that you can turn it on and off

  4. #4
    Ireeb
    Guest
    That would be a nice optional feature, it annoyed me a lot, it was always the same: In the beginning of my park the lamps were placed in a nice pattern with the same distance, but after some time I was like: Have some f*king lamps! *randomly places lamps where it's dark*.

  5. #5
    Passive Peep
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    228
    Update i support this now only if you are not limited
    +Support
    Because its annoying to have bins bench etc. everywhere i wanna place it where ever i want to have it
    Last edited by RctwUltraFan; 10-12-2015 at 12:51 PM.

  6. #6
    Ireeb
    Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by RctwUltraFan View Post
    -Support
    Because its annoying to have bins bench etc. everywhere i wanna place it where ever i want to have it
    We are talking about a TOOL that places lamps etc automatically, nobody here was talking about lamps etc being placed automatically in general.

  7. #7
    Definitely a +1 from me, but only if it's optional and if we can customize the algorithm bc some of us want more benches more bins or a greater distance between all of them.

  8. #8
    Junior Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Sep 2015
    Posts
    496
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinister-San View Post
    Definitely a +1 from me, but only if it's optional and if we can customize the algorithm bc some of us want more benches more bins or a greater distance between all of them.
    Yes, it absolutely needs to be very customizable to be at all useful. I think the process would look something like this:

    Step 1, make a path or a bunch of paths. Next you would select/highlight the desired portion of the path you want the auto filling to take place in. Then you would select in a menu screen the various items you wish to be placed on the path, as well as the individual densities they should be placed in. Typing in a distance would work fine, making a lamp appear every 5 meters or every 7. But most importantly being able to do that separately for every item you wish to place, lamps will be placed every 5m and benches every 7m. There should also be an option to add the object to the left or right side as well as both equally, and alternating.

    When facing a curved path the system should measure the center line between the two edges and place the objects along the side accordingly, so you keep a level of symmetry.

  9. #9
    As long as there an option to turn it on/off, sure. It could ease a lot of people.
    +Support

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by 4thImpulse View Post
    make a path or a bunch of paths. Next you would select/highlight the desired portion of the path you want the auto filling to take place in. Then you would select in a menu screen the various items you wish to be placed on the path, as well as the individual densities they should be placed in. Typing in a distance would work fine, making a lamp appear every 5 meters or every 7. But most importantly being able to do that separately for every item you wish to place, lamps will be placed every 5m and benches every 7m. There should also be an option to add the object to the left or right side as well as both equally, and alternating.

    When facing a curved path the system should measure the center line between the two edges and place the objects along the side accordingly, so you keep a level of symmetry.
    Yes but I think It'd be better if we're able to choose from presets, which we can edit or create new ones.
    exactly that was what i was thinking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Lost Rolling Benches - RollerCoaster Tycoon 4 Mobile
    By Michael3Smith in forum iOS Support
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-12-2015, 05:06 PM
  2. Coaster add ons? E.g. automatic gates, dark rides?
    By blueangel8xxx in forum Ideas and Feature Requests - TEMP ARCHIVE
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-11-2015, 05:16 AM
  3. Better Item Placement
    By Xenocorpse in forum Ideas and Feature Requests - TEMP ARCHIVE
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-27-2015, 07:35 PM
  4. Thrill Ride Sizes/Placement
    By mrmills in forum Ideas and Feature Requests - TEMP ARCHIVE
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-09-2015, 07:44 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
RollerCoaster Tycoon is back! RCTW is the first new entry to the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise in a decade, bringing an innovative new track builder, and much more.
Join us