Thread: Build Times for Career mode.

Question Build Times for Career mode.

I was looking at the trail the other day while playing the Movies. I noticed that the trailer seems to have some building animation for shops and flat rides, and I had an idea come to me, what if in career mode or all of them building rides, rollercoasters and flat rides took time to build rather than just instantly being there.
    I always found this to annoy me in the previous RCT games and feel that this would add another aspect of management to the game.

Ireeb
    I was also thinking of that, I personally would like if the coaster takes a few RCT-Days to build, even though it would make the game harder, but more realistic. I think there are many people who would like that because they want the game to be simple.

Pros:

• Added realism
    • Adds extra challenge (time)

Cons:

• Time has to be spent on modelling different 'versions' of all the flat rides as the ride is being built.
    • Time has to be spent on having building animations for all flat rides.
    • Increased development time for custom scenery

I personally would recommend just having the ride/coaster grayscale'd out whilst it's building with a progress bar. This would be far much quicker to implement and rather simple to do in Unity, plus, people wouldn't have to spend time on making 'construction' versions and animations of all their flat rides. (Assuming that CFR support will be added in the future.)

So with that,

+-Support

Ireeb
    Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    Pros:

• Added realism
    • Adds extra challenge (time)

Cons:

• Time has to be spent on modelling different 'versions' of all the flat rides as the ride is being built.
    • Time has to be spent on having building animations for all flat rides.
    • Increased development time for custom scenery

I personally would recommend just having the ride/coaster grayscale'd out whilst it's building with a progress bar. This would be far much quicker to implement and rather simple to do in Unity, plus, people wouldn't have to spend time on making 'construction' versions and animations of all their flat rides. (Assuming that CFR support will be added in the future.)

So with that,

+-Support
    They could start with grey/transparent + progress bar and maybe add animations later.

Quote Originally Posted by Ireeb View Post
    ... maybe add animations later.
    True, although I think time would be better spent elsewhere.