Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Building piece by piece RCTW

Park Patron

Building piece by piece RCTW

Seeing that Atari still not ruled on buildings piece by piece in RCTW, I will post a video of a game that many of you know, called Theme Park Studio.

Because I will post this video? Very simple, because Theme Park Studio, as RCTW, haven't grid, then we could say that don't exist the excuse of ''in RCTW there isn't buildings piece by piece because the game haven't grid.''

In this video, we can see that despite that haven't a grid, we can build buildings perfectly.

Minute: 1:45.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pPtbQVfhdo

While it's not the way I like to build buildings, I can say another idea, put a grid exclusively for buildings piece by piece.

Thanks for sharing this video. It is a good example of custom scenery building without a grid, instead, the ability to place one scenery item, them snap pieces of scenery relative to that item.

Passive Peep
    RCTW does have snapping to make it easy to align objects. The problem is remembering all the mouse and key combinations to do things. I really wish they would have made it more customizable (and hope RCTW does do this, as there are certain movements you get accustomed to working in 3D space and it's hard to break that muscle memory. For example, Sketchup, Maya and 3D Studio Max are all different 3D modeling programs, but a lot of the key combinations are the same throughout all three.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    Thanks for sharing this video. It is a good example of custom scenery building without a grid, instead, the ability to place one scenery item, them snap pieces of scenery relative to that item.
    It isn't the system for placing buildings that I like more, but if not exist another option, go ahead.

I think that Mattlab should see this thread to take note of this.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by intoxination View Post
    RCTW does have snapping to make it easy to align objects. The problem is remembering all the mouse and key combinations to do things. I really wish they would have made it more customizable (and hope RCTW does do this, as there are certain movements you get accustomed to working in 3D space and it's hard to break that muscle memory. For example, Sketchup, Maya and 3D Studio Max are all different 3D modeling programs, but a lot of the key combinations are the same throughout all three.
    They should work in a comfortable combination, then.

How about piece-by-piece building for rollercoasters? Like in previous ones? Is it also still possible?

Ireeb
    Quote Originally Posted by Coasterfan View Post
    How about piece-by-piece building for rollercoasters? Like in previous ones? Is it also still possible?
    Why would you want that...?

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Android View Post
    Seeing that Atari still not ruled on buildings piece by piece in RCTW, I will post a video of a game that many of you know, called Theme Park Studio.

Because I will post this video? Very simple, because Theme Park Studio, as RCTW, haven't grid, then we could say that don't exist the excuse of ''in RCTW there isn't buildings piece by piece because the game haven't grid.''

In this video, we can see that despite that haven't a grid, we can build buildings perfectly.

Minute: 1:45.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pPtbQVfhdo

While it's not the way I like to build buildings, I can say another idea, put a grid exclusively for buildings piece by piece.
    Exellent post!!

As much as i love RCTW, being able to create my own buildings piece by piece is a dealbreaker for me. I already Pre-ordered the game, so i will buy it anyway but i guess i can only enjoy this game when we are able to have this feature.

I think i spend about 80% of my RCT3 time by building houses, scenery, etc.

Piece by piece building must be in RCTW. It concerns me that RCTW doesn't come with building pieces like walls, roofs, etc.
    In the TPS video that is posted it looks easy, but the way you build in TPS actually isn't that easy. You can build and shape a square or triangle the way you like, but the system proves that it really misses intuitive building options. To build something like a simple house in TPS would take a lot of time compared to building anything in RCT1,2 or 3.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by Vampiro View Post
    Exellent post!!

As much as i love RCTW, being able to create my own buildings piece by piece is a dealbreaker for me. I already Pre-ordered the game, so i will buy it anyway but i guess i can only enjoy this game when we are able to have this feature.

I think i spend about 80% of my RCT3 time by building houses, scenery, etc.
    Thank you!

This feature is very important in the saga, in fact they themselves said that in the blog #2, where they discussed the construction of buildings piece by piece, the question is that, in that time, the game was of Pipeworks, so this feature will be lost because Nvizzio started from 0.

I will pre-order the game anyway, but I'm sure that many people (including me), seeing that we haven't this feature (which is still to be seen) we will complain about that, and the developers will realize of that, then surely this feature be added in the future as a free upgrade.

This feature is essential in the saga, and I think that Mattlab said we will not able to do indoor rides, true?

Page 1 of 27 12311 ... LastLast