Thread: RCT Pre-order Downloads

RCT Pre-order Downloads

I pre-ordered the RCT World, hoping I would get a choice between the EXE (full download) or Steam.. and I'm disappointed that I only get a Steam code? Will I (and others) be able to download the full file instead of using Steam (I hate it) or a refund or even better a CD? For £44.99 I expected a choice.

Take that as a no: https://twitter.com/OfficialRCT/stat...02121772855296

So pathetic making us all use a third party to play a game... Why buy it direct if we're forced to use bloody steam!!! Fuming so much.

I replied to your same question in another thread. Steam is fine to use, you won't even know it's there except when launching the game and using the Steam Workshop support.

Im glad to see they are supposed to do a physical copy but what worries me is someday Im sure steam will come to and end and not sure what plans atari has later down the line if they could continue the series or if it ends with this title.But if steam were to end and theres no physical copy then the game may die as well and would suck for those(like my grandkids) who is too young to even know what a rollercoaster is ,wouldnt even know the joys we have.Atm i cant do both steam and a dvd but will have to at some point invest in one maybe thru a yard sale or something in later years

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by DonSPa View Post
    Im glad to see they are supposed to do a physical copy but what worries me is someday Im sure steam will come to and end and not sure what plans atari has later down the line if they could continue the series or if it ends with this title.But if steam were to end and theres no physical copy then the game may die as well and would suck for those(like my grandkids) who is too young to even know what a rollercoaster is ,wouldnt even know the joys we have.Atm i cant do both steam and a dvd but will have to at some point invest in one maybe thru a yard sale or something in later years
    I think it will be a long, long while before steam dies out. And does the game require an always online connection? If not you could still install steam in offline, install the game through disk or exe, and play in the outdated offline steam.