Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Autosave the game

Quick idea - AUTOSAVE!

Hey guys,
    Just a quick idea - it would be awesome if there was an autosave option in RCTW, it would virtually prevent any outage mishaps any of us may have with our computers :P.

Bonus points if you let us choose the interval at which the game Autosaves.

Didn't see that
    bctrainers, feel free to delete this thread.

Yeah the autosave could save every 5 minutes or 10 mintutes so you can only loose a few minutes when a system chrashes

Quote Originally Posted by warcat61 View Post
    I like the idea of Auto Save but not at the expense of the park I'm working on. I don't want Auto Save to override the Saved park I started to work on. You worked for hours, or maybe just a short time on a park, like it but decide to add a coaster, spend 10-15 minutes designing the new coaster, Auto Save kicks in and saves the park you are now working on.After a couple more minutes of working with the coast you decide you don't really like the coaster. You don't have the park now that you started working on, it was overridden by Auto Save. Is this the case or am I reading too much into what Auto Save will do or won't do?
    I too am worried that auto-save could override you current save game. That could be just as frustrating as losing a few hours of work.

Maybe alternating AutoSave, similar to Half-Life 2: the game would have two AutoSave files (separate from manual save files), and would alternate between overwriting these files every, say, five minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Wink View Post
    Maybe alternating AutoSave, similar to Half-Life 2: the game would have two AutoSave files (separate from manual save files), and would alternate between overwriting these files every, say, five minutes
    +1 would be good but should at the very least be one completely separate save slot

Quote Originally Posted by coaster View Post
    I too am worried that auto-save could override you current save game. That could be just as frustrating as losing a few hours of work.
    What I do now when I'm finished working on a "Saved" park is add a number/letter,(1,2, or a, b.) to the name and save it then if I change my mind on what I've just added, I can delete the park but still have the Original park I just started with. Maybe if there was a way to add that number/letter to the park file before you start working with it you could still have the original park you stated with before the Auto Save kicked in.
    Last edited by warcat61; 06-24-2015 at 01:58 PM.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234