Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Autosave the game

So the game automatically saves your Park every say 10 minutes of play. Means if you have a software crash or your laptop battery dies you don't lose hours of work (just noticed that the forum actually autosaves your posts whilst writing them lol)

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaker86 View Post
    So the game automatically saves your Park every say 10 minutes of play. Means if you have a software crash or your laptop battery dies you don't lose hours of work (just noticed that the forum actually autosaves your posts whilst writing them lol)
    Yea auto save would be nice. Maybe we set it so it saves every 5 minutes or every 10 minutes or every 15 minutes etc,,,

Edit* Also another way could be to set it so every month game time it auto saves. That way even if you fast forward it will still auto save. Then we could set it to save every 2 weeks game time. Or every 2 months game time.
    Last edited by OTR24; 06-13-2015 at 09:01 AM.

Like that idea of it being a set game time rather than play time

Junior Enthusiast
    +1. This has to be in the game.

Wait! What if it auto saves immediately after that big huge crash you just had... D: No thank you!
    On the other hand, if there were a few autosaves you could pull from... a la Skyrim... maybe just. :J

Note: the :J is that half smile Han Solo does when he's up to something, in case you didn't know what I was thinking.

By huge crash I am not referring to ride crashes but more software/hardware crash. So if your laptop battery dies, you have a powercut or the game itself crashes you would at most lose 10 minutes work on your Park rather than say and hour or two where you have been 'in the zone' and not thinking about saving. If it is just after a ride crash, then that ia what happens and you have to deal with that in the way you would when playing the game 'live'

Seriously, this would be such a great idea, to save hours of work being lost and the frustration when a game crashes. I was surprised it wasn't implemented in RCT 1.

the latecomer says +1

I like the idea of Auto Save but not at the expense of the park I'm working on. I don't want Auto Save to override the Saved park I started to work on. You worked for hours, or maybe just a short time on a park, like it but decide to add a coaster, spend 10-15 minutes designing the new coaster, Auto Save kicks in and saves the park you are now working on.After a couple more minutes of working with the coast you decide you don't really like the coaster. You don't have the park now that you started working on, it was overridden by Auto Save. Is this the case or am I reading too much into what Auto Save will do or won't do?

My original thought was of an autosave slot which would save your most recent game but you would also be able to manually save the game in other slots. So a save game list might look like:
    Autosave 19/6/15 2000
    Game 1. 19/6/15 1956
    Game 2 18/6/15 1222
    Etc

Soin that example game 1 was saved manually 4 minutes before the autosave. If, however after the autosave the player switched to Game 2 without manually saving they would revert to the save prior to the autosave as this slot only stores the most recent game if that makes sense.
    Obviously there would be a dialogue when quitting to prompt you to manually save

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast