Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Weather and Season Discussion

Post Weather and Season Discussion

In Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 and Rollercoaster tycoon World you are able to play with day and night settings. The level of brightness changes over time, from complete darkness, to partial light, and then bright light.

But why not different weathers and seasons to play your park in?!

I would love to see this features. I'm thinking about the Winter with snow for example,
    Rain, hail ect...

Look forward to seeing the finished product! Thanks
    Please read and reply!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Wilkong; 09-19-2015 at 10:53 AM.

As I said in the "dynamic skybox" thread, the sky can really add beauty to a scene.
    I love the idea that weather can affect business in your park. Lower attendance when it's slinging it down and all that.
    And the thought of having a Halloween event in my park with a gorgeous Autumn scene makes me squeak.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmie View Post
    As I said in the "dynamic skybox" thread, the sky can really add beauty to a scene.
    I love the idea that weather can affect business in your park. Lower attendance when it's slinging it down and all that.
    And the thought of having a Halloween event in my park with a gorgeous Autumn scene makes me squeak.

I missed that thread, but indeed the weather/sky/seasons can create beauty and a complete different atmosphere

Dont you want different seasons and weather conditions in Rollercoaster tycoon World? I was hoping for more support and replies haha :/

Look at this thunderstorm during the ride:

credits to: One Track Mind

Or:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s41BpKzmnfs
    Last edited by Wilkong; 09-03-2015 at 05:01 AM.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkong View Post
    Dont you want different seasons and weather conditions in Rollercoaster tycoon World? I was hoping for more support and replies haha :/

Look at this:

Or:
    Pretty sure that the Alpine coaster was even more dangerous than Action Parks. Id guess that no one would make it past that first turn without flying out.
    Super Moderator
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

I'd like it to not only affect the feel, but the dynamics of the scenery, water and rides. Leaves should start to fall off trees (unless they're evergreens ) water should start to ice up and when It's really wet, some rides should close due to safety.

When It's Winter time, even 12 days before/after Christmas, trees should get Christmas lights, stringing Christmas decor from street light to street light (if in range).

Even the souvenirs should change per season, in summer it should be sunglasses and shorts etc, Winter should be Santa hats and flashing antlers.

Ha, just had a thought, about realism. They should have those people turn up with carts selling flashing lights and hen party gear xD

Quote Originally Posted by coaster6 View Post
    Pretty sure that the Alpine coaster was even more dangerous than Action Parks. Id guess that no one would make it past that first turn without flying out.
    Well the examples we're all about the weather conditions, not the ride it self

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wilkong View Post

Look at this thunderstorm during the ride:

Or:
    Fairly confident that after riding that coaster my back would be aching my stomach would turning and my clothes would be drenched. Worth it though.

Quote Originally Posted by Wobbly View Post
    I'd like it to not only affect the feel, but the dynamics of the scenery, water and rides. Leaves should start to fall off trees (unless they're evergreens ) water should start to ice up and when It's really wet, some rides should close due to safety.

When It's Winter time, even 12 days before/after Christmas, trees should get Christmas lights, stringing Christmas decor from street light to street light (if in range).
    I like that idea a lot! great thought

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast