Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Screenshot Panorama From the Trailer

Cool Screenshot Panorama From the Trailer

Seeing as how we had a very brief look at RCTW in the trailer that was released several months ago, and only a few screenshots released since, I'm itching for a better look at the game.

So I took the trailer and took multiple screenshots of the last couple seconds of it, then I combined them into a panorama to get somewhat of a look at the game.

Enjoy!

(Click to view larger)
    RCT-World.jpg
    Last edited by iChase; 12-20-2014 at 11:18 PM.

I'm not going to lie, but why does it seem like they are recycling ideas into the game? Like the models of the giant wheel and the stalls are the same as the ones from the past games.

I agree. Unfortunately it looks kind of RCT3-esque. Then again, the trailer was released around four months ago, if this was Pipeworks work, Area 52's work might be different...

I like the graphics, honestly.

Thanks for the screenshot! I'm sure as time goes on we'll see new things added, and if the style changes at all.

You should not worry about hese graphics because this trailer was NOT in game footage and the other screenshots they released show other graphics and a grid based building system, there is no grid in the trailer. The trailer is just about: "Hey, we are making a new sequel!"

^ This. To be very frank, it actually reminded me of the cartoony theme parks they would show on the boxes of RCT1 and RCT2.

Quote Originally Posted by koekeritis View Post
    You should not worry about hese graphics because this trailer was NOT in game footage and the other screenshots they released show other graphics and a grid based building system, there is no grid in the trailer. The trailer is just about: "Hey, we are making a new sequel!"
    Then I would like an explanation of where this render came from. I doubt it was a one-off created especially for the trailer. It looks like the early, early pre-alpha stage of something that possibly got scrapped. It makes sense as they only showed a brief two seconds of it at the end of the trailer. That's behavior indicative of super early work that isn't ready for intense scrutiny. Either way, I thought it would be nice to share a better, less-moving look at the game (or non-game as the case may be).

I guess someone had to do it! ha, not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by iChase View Post
    Then I would like an explanation of where this render came from. I doubt it was a one-off created especially for the trailer. It looks like the early, early pre-alpha stage of something that possibly got scrapped. It makes sense as they only showed a brief two seconds of it at the end of the trailer. That's behavior indicative of super early work that isn't ready for intense scrutiny. Either way, I thought it would be nice to share a better, less-moving look at the game (or non-game as the case may be).
    I'm a game developer and we churn out stuff like this all the time, it's part of the industry norm. It's called a promo. Yes, we use actual content from the game to make the promo pics/movies but the promo is just that, to show off a hint of the game and say it's in development. If you look at the shot of the themepark from the promo movie there is no grid based system in play. From the screenshots we know a grid system is in play. So this was a mock-up of a themepark, using content from the game, but not an actual shot of the game in play. It was created to announce that RCTW is in development.

A grid-based placing system is very handy and to be honest I think the only reason some people may be against it is because previous grid based placing systems have been quite large giving the very "square-y" look to it.
    Taking The Sims 2 and 3 for example, they split the existing grid system up into smaller chunks for placing items and it TS3 resulted in looking less grid-based than TS2. You could even go as far as to type a cheat in to disable the grid - it could just be that that's something we could have available in RCTW is the ability to disable a grid based placing system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast