Thread: Game Options

Game Options

Not sure if this should be posted in General Discussion or Ideas.
    Watching the demo and noticed while building the coasters all the measurements were shown as Metric. In the other RCT games there was the option "currency, Distance and Speed and Temp". Has this been asked and answered as to being able to be changed? Is what they are showing the "default" option?

I think it's safe to assume you can set it to metric/imperial like any other rct game and the same with currency symbol

But metric is better though

I'd prefer a bit more granularity - so I could have speed in MPH, temperature in Centigrade and distances in metres. Yards don't mean anything to me at all, farenheit is a bizarre number which is probably random, but I couldn't tell you what 40kph means - 30mph makes sense to me!

Guess it all depends on that part of the world you live in

Im from the Netherlands and here we have :

Meters (metres)
    Graden Celcius (Centigrade)
    Kilometer per Uur (Kilometres per hour)

Would love to see this in the game as it was on all previous games

Quote Originally Posted by Vampiro View Post
    Guess it all depends on that part of the world you live in

Im from the Netherlands and here we have :

Meters (metres)
    Graden Celcius (Centigrade)
    Kilometer per Uur (Kilometres per hour)

Would love to see this in the game as it was on all previous games
    I'm sure that with the inclusion of multiple languages (including dutch) they will also give multiple measuremnt units

Quote Originally Posted by koekeritis View Post
    I'm sure that with the inclusion of multiple languages (including dutch) they will also give multiple measuremnt units
    Yes, guess you are right.
    Im almost willing to bet the house on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sylvester View Post
    I'd prefer a bit more granularity - so I could have speed in MPH, temperature in Centigrade and distances in metres. Yards don't mean anything to me at all, farenheit is a bizarre number which is probably random, but I couldn't tell you what 40kph means - 30mph makes sense to me!
    If you know what metres are, and I'm sure you've heard of seconds, why not use metres per second? 1 m/s is 3.6 km/hr. SI OP

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Wink View Post
    If you know what metres are, and I'm sure you've heard of seconds, why not use metres per second? 1 m/s is 3.6 km/hr. SI OP
    Simple - I'm not doing calculations, I'm doing comparisons. I work in m/s when doing any maths around it, but for comparative speed there's no point, especially since:

20 mph - residential speed limit in a lot of cities.
    30 mph - General urban speed limit
    40 - 50 mph - main road speed limits
    60 mph - national speed limit
    70 mph - motorway speed limit.

This comes down to what you are used to, period. Nothing odd with that.
    Of course I would love for the entire world (cough.... USA .... cough...) to adapt the metric system.

So I hope for options where you can change what you want, to your own preference. Some may want to have Celsius but still have Imperial measurements to mention an example. I like how it was in RCT 1+2. Forgot how it was in 3 however.

I dislike forced settings depending on where you are! I do not want to play in Swedish, I want to have English. But I want metric system and Celsius plus 24 hours time while I am at it. However now I think of it, RCT is not having clock just calender days.

So please yes for settings where you can set yourself. Including Language. I hate games and applications that installs and force you to play in one certain language without asking you.

I live in the United States where we have the
    • Inch - The length of 3 magic beans.
    • Foot - The length of 12 inches. Who had 12 fingers to choose that number?
    • Yard - The length of some king's bodily appendage. When did the US have a king?
    • Farenheit Degrees - The minute hand moved 212 degrees around the circle of a clock face for a gallon of water to boil over a fire of cherry tree wood... wait, I may have that wrong... where are the magic beans?

I want to believe that Americans are smart enough to use the metric system, so I guess the issue is that if we did switch it would mean that we admit that science is real. But we already know that because Roller Coasters work.

--Apologies. Couldn't resist.