Thread: Updating the Original RCT to RCT Deluxe

Updating the Original RCT to RCT Deluxe

I have the Original RCT from when it first came out. NONE of the Cheats/Hacks/Patches/ect work on it. I have seen others playing scenarios/parks and using items/themes that I do not and did not come with mine.

Is there a way to Update Mine Free or do I have to buy a expansion pack or have to buy the Deluxe Version even tho I already have the Original I still Play and have Finished?

How do I transfer my Finished parks over to the new version?

Thanks

This has been unanswered for over a month, but if you haven't found the answer yet...
    Two expansion packs were made for the original RCT: Corkscrew Follies (aka Added Attractions) and Loopy Landscapes. You can probably find them on Ebay or Amazon. When they install, they will just add the content to your existing installation.
    "RCT Deluxe" is a pack that contains the original game + the two expansion packs. Atari is still selling this pack.
    If you want to copy your finished parks/progress to a new installation or computer, just copy the files out of the save game folder (C:\Program Files\ or Program Files (x86), I'm not sure what the exact folder name is, I think its MicroProse but it might be something else like Hasbro or RollerCoaster Tycoon or Chis Sawyer folder in the Program Files and the saved games are then in another folder inside that) and then double-click on them to launch them in the new installation, or you can copy them all back into the new installation's saved games folder and it will save your progress.

Could not save my saved games.....

Also I DL'ed the Deluxe from Steam and it Whipped out RCT2, so I lost all Saved games in it as well. Had to Remove and Reinstall Both several times before both RCT1&2 would play nice together. Needless to say, I was Vary Upset about loosing all my Saved Park Info from both but the Coasters I built were not Lost in 2 but Lost in 1.

There are a Few Parks I would just rather Not have to Clear AGAIN but am going to have to, to ReOpen the others I didn't mind so much.

RCT2 is not soo bad, as I can use 8Cars Cheat Engine to Clear those but Deluxe... I haven't found a Cheat Engine that you don't need to change a bunch of Values to get to work and the one that Looks and Feels like 8cars works but when I go to reload a game, it says it contains Corrupted Data and won't load my save unfinished game so I can finish it. And the Name Cheats don't do Jack.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Sorry to hear about all your problems!

Unfortunately, I can't recall a reliable way to skip the scenarios in RCT1. There is a trainer, The Beast Trainer, on rctgrotto that I know of that will open the scenarios, but not permanently.

Quote Originally Posted by coaster6 View Post
    Sorry to hear about all your problems!

Unfortunately, I can't recall a reliable way to skip the scenarios in RCT1. There is a trainer, The Beast Trainer, on rctgrotto that I know of that will open the scenarios, but not permanently.

That's the one that tells me the Files are Corrupted when I try to Load a Unfinished Saved Game.
    Meaning, I would have to completely Finish a Scenario every time but could never go back to it if I wanted to continue adding to it, as I often do.

Yes, I did DL the Newest Version of it but there has not been a Update since 2002 and the guy running it no longer does anything with the site.

Thanks anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenlorans View Post
    That's the one that tells me the Files are Corrupted when I try to Load a Unfinished Saved Game.
    Meaning, I would have to completely Finish a Scenario every time but could never go back to it if I wanted to continue adding to it, as I often do.

Yes, I did DL the Newest Version of it but there has not been a Update since 2002 and the guy running it no longer does anything with the site.

Thanks anyway.
    There is a way to unlock the scenarios, but not some of them but ALL of them.
    I can help you if you want, just send me a PM and I get you through.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainzeuh View Post
    There is a way to unlock the scenarios, but not some of them but ALL of them.
    I can help you if you want, just send me a PM and I get you through.

Thanks but I will just ReFinish them again. (Ones from the Original and not the New parks that were added later in the Deluxe version. Since I never played those 100's of times before, I look forward to those).