View Poll Results: Would you like to see realistic queues in RCTW?

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

91 87.50%
  • No

13 12.50%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The queues in RCTW are too wide and unrealistic. Take part in the poll now!

Lightbulb The queues in RCTW are too wide and unrealistic. Take part in the poll now!

Who else would agree, that from the footage from PAX, the queues were far too wide?

The queues seemed to fit over 3 peeps (width), when in reality they should only hold 1-2. As well, they look exactly like the ones from RCT3, which are unrealistic and far too wide.

I thought that in RCTW, this would be fixed. But yet again, it seems as if this issue (which really should be addressed as a core feature) has not been addressed.

The dev team took our feedback for the stations. Those are nice. But what about the actual queue?!?

RCTW Queues: (Pretty much the same as in RCT3) - Notice how 1 peep stands in the middle of a 3 peep wide queue.
    b2ba9b75bd385f19c30ac021a8d1a871.jpg

Real life queues (What the community has been asking for!) (As well as a fast lane, of course).
    0907gkwait.jpg

Even in RCT3, scenery items were made by the community (even though they did not have the functionality of a queue):
    shot0966.jpg shot0967.jpg
    Please leave your comments below and participate in the poll. I think that realistic queues are something the franchise really needs.

LET'S TELL MATT & NVIZZIO, WE WANT REALISTIC QUEUES!

And to the dev team, yes, I know it would be much more difficult to include this feature from the programming aspect, considering the sheer complexity of peep movement and dynamics. But please, make it happen!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Oblitious16; 09-01-2015 at 11:30 PM.

Mattlab said during the stream we'd be able to "snake" the queue line more in the final game, so I think by that he means being able to zig zag the queue (like in your pictures). This will probably mean it will be a bit thinner as well. The queue width doesn't bother me that much.

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorizon View Post
    Mattlab said during the stream we'd be able to "snake" the queue line more in the final game, so I think by that he means being able to zig zag the queue (like in your pictures). This will probably mean it will be a bit thinner as well. The queue width doesn't bother me that much.
    Zig-zag only means what it says. It does not mean that the queues will be thinner and more realistic (unfortunately).

Quote Originally Posted by Oblitious16 View Post
    Zig-zag only means what it says. It does not mean that the queues will be thinner and more realistic (unfortunately).
    Yeah, you're right.

They should add the same features of path (straight, rounded, wider, thinner) to queues!

I agree, it would look more realistic. It doesn't bother me too much though Maybe a future update?

Quote Originally Posted by demomode_br View Post
    They should add the same features of path (straight, rounded, wider, thinner) to queues!
    I agree totally! I don't think wide queues need to be removed, but option for thinner (more realistic looking) queues added.

Thank you! I've been saying this for awhile, I'm glad someone else is bringing some attention to this. I want my park to look as realistic as possible and those wide queues kinda kill it.

Like I have said before, I think it would be a great idea to be able to adjust the width of our paths and ques in general. For example .5m wide to like 5m wide if we wanted? The sky is the limit but its a good idea!
    Love me some RCTW!
    Twitch - twitch.tv/knoxvegas

Park Patron
    By God, it is only a demo alpha, the queues will be better, like the AI of the visitors and their movements.

The queues of the final version will be like the queues that they showed us in a pretty image:

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast