Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RCT 3 to RCT WORLD

Lightbulb RCT 3 to RCT WORLD

I was thinking that we could have our old saves from RCT 3 converged into RCT WORLD form. And if there isn't the same model, it replaces that with something similar! That would be so cool!

Park Patron
    I see a little impossible, because both games use completely different engines.

Furthermore, the design of things is different, in RCTW we have realistic stations, in RCT3 the stations were a shame. xD

Cant work i fuess xDxD

Eh, who knows?

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by lowgan View Post
    Eh, who knows?
    It is logical, RCT3 and RCTW are completely different.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by lowgan View Post
    I was thinking that we could have our old saves from RCT 3 converged into RCT WORLD form. And if there isn't the same model, it replaces that with something similar! That would be so cool!
    I don't think it would be too difficult to just recreate it in game. Cause think about it. Converting it directly would take time, but also would still have the track building format from RCT 3 so it might be blocky, uneven and the banks would be unrealistic. I would rather just build it from scratch instead of taking the time to find out how to convert it and go through my whole coaster fixing all the problems. I am not here to shoot the idea down, but I don't think it is necessary.

Whole parks, we can forget about that, it is same as from RCT1+2 to RCT3.. Hey, I think it would be easier to do that jump than from RCT3 to RCTW! (because they all used grid up to 3)

As for the rollercoasters, I guess they could write converter code to preset splines for those pieces. Of course it will still be these awkward angles and banks and 90 degree-ness. But is it worth the effort? Likely the coaters would look outdated compared with the more smooth ones. But then you could optimize them too...

But I think I want to make from scratch to fit the new game. But if there's converter I might try out for the novelty.

BUT now I realize another problem: the specs! Maybe it will not be as ride-able. Maybe the new game will say it is too uncomfortable to ride? Too much lateral G, too much of this and that. And it could also not work with the momentum, it could get stuck.

With that in mind I think it is too much hassle, as you have to adjust the new engine to work with the old, and it would be sad?

BUT you never know, they could already have done so. But I do not think so. Better to see RCTW as something new and freshtastic!
    Last edited by Helena; 08-28-2015 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Android View Post
    I see a little impossible, because both games use completely different engines.

Furthermore, the design of things is different, in RCTW we have realistic stations, in RCT3 the stations were a shame. xD
    I agree. It's logical. Different engines. Maybe there's a way but think not. Although it would make more fun to build from zero and learn the game

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by Palaber1984 View Post
    I agree. It's logical. Different engines. Maybe there's a way but think not. Although it would make more fun to build from zero and learn the game
    Exact.

I prefer to build from 0, I'm not actually agree with many things in the aesthetic of RCT3.

In RCTW, everything seems cleaner and realistic, as is logical, so finally I will able to build serious parks.

Building 'serious' parks in RCT3 is not that hard actually.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast