Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pain System (Safety System + Ride Age)

Pain System (Safety System + Ride Age)

If a roller coaster is 30 years old it will start be painful. It could be solved by new tracks, new restraints, or just knocking it to the ground.
    If it is a wooden coaster, you can just make it a hybrid. Do you think this is a good idea?
    Last edited by magicart87; 08-02-2015 at 07:34 AM.

It adds a good aspect from real life to it. It may also be neat to see a aging system for the coasters, not where they would just wear to the point they fall to the ground, but where they do what you said above and also include information like how long the ride has been operating, its weak spots, and if its starting to get painful/ruff in certain areas for you to need to fix it, replace it, or if you want and the park is needing to grow tear it down and re-build a new ride or re-build it all together.

I do like this, it could add a very management style type of game-play to RCTW.

I'd definitely like some sort of aging to rides. Would make the game feel very real and interactive.

Your coasters would not just be destroyed, it would take about 50 years for a wooden coaster and 100 years for a steel coaster to just tumble to the ground but that is only with no updates to the coaster.
    Restraints would not help.
    Last edited by e3l2i1; 08-02-2015 at 01:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by e3l2i1 View Post
    Your coasters would not just be destroyed, it would take about 50 years for a wooden coaster and 100 years for a steel coaster to just tumble to the ground but that is only with no updates to the coaster.
    Restraints would not help.
    I don't think any of us meant for it to just fall over or whatnot, I think what we were trying to say just showing us the age of the ride, so once it is about 50 years old or 100 years old then it would come time to have a notice or something saying this ride is so many years old we need to look at replacing it or fixing it up. Or something along those lines I'm sure it could be better!

It would be like SimCity's disasters where you can turn it off. It also wouldn't be sudden, it would say your roller coaster is in really bad shape and you need to fix it or it will be shutdown.
    Last edited by e3l2i1; 08-02-2015 at 03:34 PM.

It would be like SimCity's disasters where you can turn it off. It also wouldn't be sudden, it would say your roller coaster is in really bad shape and you need to fix it or it will be shutdown.
    That could work for sure!! I like that and giving it the ability to have it "on" or "off" is a great idea as not everyone with want it on all the time.

It would also break off 1 piece every 10 years after it hit its limit.
    Last edited by e3l2i1; 08-02-2015 at 08:12 PM.

Passive Peep
    It would also break off 1 piece every 10 years
    Uhhhh, no.

Back to the pain system part, it would be like Cities Skylines traffic tool. White indicates no pain. Green indicates not really painful. Yellow indicates a little painful. Orange indicates moderate pain. Red indicates an Arrow Dynamic's custom looper doing a cobra roll pain.
    Last edited by e3l2i1; 08-02-2015 at 05:41 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast