Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Question about the retail version

Question Question about the retail version

Does somebody know if I will be able to connect the retail version of the game with steam to use the workshop?

Yes it is possible to connect the retail version with steam. I don't know how but somebody told me you can connect almost every game with steam, even if you got the retail version.

Ireeb
    Quote Originally Posted by pete4live View Post
    Yes it is possible to connect the retail version with steam. I don't know how but somebody told me you can connect almost every game with steam, even if you got the retail version.
    Usually there is code in the box you can enter in Steam.

It is the same thing that I also wonder. I would take retail version because i would have box of my favorite franchise

The boxed retail version will also be the Steam version. It means when you pop the disc in, it launches Steam, you enter your game code number, and it installs from the disc instead of downloading it, but it's still the same Steam game.

I'd take a physical copy of the game any day of the week because downloading 10-20-30 or even 60GB games (GTA V) its a fking nightmare on a 6MB connection.... not everyone in the U.S or even the U.K are on mega 20+MB connections that can download these sorts of games in just a few hours... took me 24 hours to get GTAV and thats basically leaving my computer on all night and not doing anything else on it till the downloads done.

Quote Originally Posted by VACkillers View Post
    I'd take a physical copy of the game any day of the week bec
    ause downloading 10-20-30 or even 60GB games (GTA V) its a fking nightmare on a 6MB connection.... not everyone in the U.S or even the U.K are on mega 20+MB connections that can download these sorts of games in just a few hours... took me 24 hours to get GTAV and thats basically leaving my computer on all night and not doing anything else on it till the downloads done.
    LoL my Connection Here is 50mbits. I am downloading such game like wow in under 30minutes

My connection should be 200mbits, but on my pc it is like 120mbits, still amazing tho.

My connection is 800 kbits/s DSL. I always buy the boxed versions because it takes me days to download games over the internet without the download getting corrupted. I'm not the only one with such speeds, many of my friends have DSL or cable modems around 1 Mbit/s.
    Last edited by trolleyguy8; 08-27-2015 at 12:29 PM.

wow !! 100 kbyte / sec.... would take about 27 hours to download !! (if the game takes about 10 gb)

if your internet uses the highest speed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast