Thread: RCT2 Mobile

RCT2 Mobile

I would like Rct 2 on mobile. After the release of Rct 3, it seems making Rct 2 mobile would be even easier considering it is a much simpler game. Transport Tycoon, another game made by Chris Sawyer was recently released on mobile and shows that old games can run well on tablets and phones. Because my device is to old to run the new Rct 3 I would really like to see 2 on mobile. I, and I assume many others here on this forum would be willing to pay a few dollars for the game. Do you think Atari will release Rct2 on mobile?

Easier? It is not a matter of porting because it was made in Assembler, a machine language only useable by that specific CPU group. It is a fantastic lanugage because the product is super quick. But limiting so that's why it is not used anymore as people tend want to be able to port to different devices.

You would have to code from scratch. I believe they did that with Transport tycoon.
    If Chris Sawyer could provide documents or if he helped then it would be easier of course.

RCT2 IS COMING TO MOBILE! CHRIS SAWYER CONFIRMED HERE:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...coaster-tycoon

I not really like the idea, because we have OpenRCT2 which will also be in the future and it has a lot of improvements compared to RCT2.
    My current collection:
    *RollerCoaster Tycoon 1 Deluxe Edition (steam + cd)
    *RollerCoaster Tycoon 2 Triple Thrill Pack (steam + cd)
    *RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum! (steam + cd)
    *RollerCoaster Tycoon World Deluxe Edition (steam)
    *Planet Coaster Deluxe Edition
    *Parkitect

Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    Easier? It is not a matter of porting because it was made in Assembler, a machine language only useable by that specific CPU group. It is a fantastic lanugage because the product is super quick. But limiting so that's why it is not used anymore as people tend want to be able to port to different devices.

You would have to code from scratch. I believe they did that with Transport tycoon.
    If Chris Sawyer could provide documents or if he helped then it would be easier of course.
    Assembler is not used anymore? Yes it is, all the time. Lots and lots. In fact, even parts of speed critical components of Windows 10 are written in assembler. Assembler is a low level language, meaning it is very fast but very difficult to write. This is why it is not widely used in games. But it is used all the time in applications where speed is more important that write ability.

Also ALL CPU groups have an assembler language in one form or another. It's just you cannot run one assembly language on a different CPU group to what it was made for.