Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Alton Towers Secret Weapon 8

Quote Originally Posted by coaster6 View Post
    Whoops my post got cut off at the end there. So ok, that makes more sense. I guess you'll never see a hyper or strata over there, but they've certainly found ways to overcome these obstacles. It'd be cool to have a scenario in RCTW with restrictions like that. Wasn't there a height restriction on a few scenarios back in RCT2?
    There was definitely at least one height restriction in either RCT3 or one of the expansions.

I agree a massive coaster type is unlikely - but I guess nothing is impossible if you dig a big enough hole lol! I think SW8, whatever it was planned to be initially, is probably going to evolve into something really incredible in the wake of the smiler incident. The park needs a massive publicity boost now and an amazing new ride would probably do it

Yea I really wish that Alton Towers had been built in a different place as the height and noise restrictions do kind of limit the parks coasters.
    They still have managed to create some great rides but compared to parks overseas, Alton Towers is pretty tame really.
    I do find it funny that while they are not allowed to affect the historic building itself they have still managed to incorporate a dark ride inside the building itself. Getting around those planning permissions must have been a nightmare.
    Booo British heritage let us have our fun!
    Last edited by shirty; 12-06-2015 at 06:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by shirty View Post
    I do find it funny that while they are not allowed to affect the historic building itself they have still managed to incorporate a dark ride inside the building itself. Getting around those planning permissions must have been a nightmare.
    The 'ride' bit of Hex is not actually in the towers themselves. What is in the towers is minimal in terms of irreversibility as it is just the 2/3 rooms that you walk through which contain lights and screens rather than a huge mechanical cylinder that the ride bit uses. The passage from the octagon room is where you leave the actual towers building and go into a purpose-built room for the secret vault ride.

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=di...plJWsbS49WM%3A

Ahh I did wonder if it was faked and just added around the building the brickwork that you can see does look much newer and it does have a lot of drapes so you cant see much when your going in there.
    Well it worked if I believed i was in the main building so they did good lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12