Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Realistic Gating and Boarding for Stations

Lightbulb Realistic Gating and Boarding for Stations

This may seem like a late feature to request, but I think it would be cool if we could see the peeps physically get in to the cars of our rollercoasters and rides. Instead of our guest just popping into their seats magically like in Rollercoaster Tycoon 3. Also, gating for rollercoaster stations. I would't want people just going into the rows order by order like 1,2,3,4. I think it would be cool to see a lot more guest in line for the front car, as this is realistic to our local parks. What do you guys think, if there is any miss leading information, or something I don't know please tell, thanks!

I said the same thing in a previous thread of mine. It would be nice to see them actually get in their seats, instead of magically disappearing and popping up out of no where.

Ireeb
    In the last few screenshots you could see the stations had gates for each row and it would be really sad if a game of 2015 (I hope ) would not have an animation there (when people are getting on the vehicle and sitting down)

Quote Originally Posted by Ireeb View Post
    In the last few screenshots you could see the stations had gates for each row and it would be really sad if a game of 2015 (I hope ) would not have an animation there (when people are getting on the vehicle and sitting down)
    Yes I saw them, thank you. It's just I wonder how much detail they would put into it. It would be a shame to see them not have any purpose, oh well... We will just have to see! When is Pax Prime?

Ireeb
    Quote Originally Posted by freez99313 View Post
    Yes I saw them, thank you. It's just I wonder how much detail they would put into it. It would be a shame to see them not have any purpose, oh well... We will just have to see! When is Pax Prime?
    August 28 - 31 ^^

I hope that peeps line up in the proper airgates. That really bugged me in RCT3.

Quote Originally Posted by CreamyBeef View Post
    I hope that peeps line up in the proper airgates. That really bugged me in RCT3.
    Yes, Rollercoaster Tycoon 3 was far from being any realistic for a theme park. A better path finding system for the guest would be good. I'm crossing my fingers!

Quote Originally Posted by Markov View Post
    I said the same thing in a previous thread of mine. It would be nice to see them actually get in their seats, instead of magically disappearing and popping up out of no where.
    Yes, its a perfect idea, now that we know about gating lines for rollercoasters I do certainly hope they don't take a short cut to just, finish it off, I actually had something like this in my past thread about the Monorails, and if they will have any significance or if it would just be for show. Its all about realism, yet good graphics that fit the cartoon style of the game.

It looks like it will definitely be more realistic based on the screenshots of loading stations. I personally want to see them sink the tracks down a little since most roller coasters have their tracks sitting 2-3 feet below the loading platform to make it easier for guests to board.

Quote Originally Posted by osuphantom View Post
    It looks like it will definitely be more realistic based on the screenshots of loading stations. I personally want to see them sink the tracks down a little since most roller coasters have their tracks sitting 2-3 feet below the loading platform to make it easier for guests to board.
    I am a fan of Floorless Coasters and I was really upset with RCT3 when I saw there was no platform the peeps could get in at! Even in the front! In a realistic matter, Floorless coasters have a floor that rises so people can get to the desired seat. Then again they just popped in, and yes. The track is way too high for a realistic station. I mean the recent Wooden Coaster screenshot looked absolutely fine, except for the fact that there aren't any breaks or mechanical part that move, and lock the train in place so we have no issues. I always hatted when the breaks would fail in RCT1-2 and then two trains would crash into each other... However it was realistic

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast