Thread: Indoor buildings

Indoor buildings

What I really missed in the previous game's is a simple indoor building. I waste very much time on building these, and I was not really a pro at it so it looked very ugly haha. So yeah, maybe add to the ALREADY EXISTING coasters some scenery/buildings? this was in rct3 but only on a very few coasters.. So yeah, this is just an idea..
    Please let me know what you think about it.

Ireeb
    I think abgood solution would be to keep the old small building pieces similar to RCT but on the other hand when you need big buildings there should be really big walls (with 4x4 meters or something) so you can make a building by placing 8 parts or more if you want it bigger.

I 100% agree they need to have a way to either place pre-fab or custom buildings, similar to RCT3, with individual pieces, but unlike RCT3 the lighting would actually be dark inside. This would also be useful for creating dark rides as you could run tracks or put stations through these buildings.

I dislike the RCT3 building. Yes I know RCT 1+2 was same, but these games are old so excused by that.
    I would prefer to have building somewhat like sims 2+3+4. Drag around, place windows and doors (and other details, choose textures.

It bothered me to try to align the squares correctly!

Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    I dislike the RCT3 building. Yes I know RCT 1+2 was same, but these games are old so excused by that.
    I would prefer to have building somewhat like sims 2+3+4. Drag around, place windows and doors (and other details, choose textures.

It bothered me to try to align the squares correctly!
    I think the method could be improved, but I don't think a sims-style drag around would be a good idea at all. It's actually very limiting in a lot of ways, and it's very code-intensive. The Skyrim, Far Cry 4 and GTA 5 world editors all have a similar layout like RCT3, so it's a system that is still used by top next-gen games. Being able to freely place any object anywhere gives the player complete customization unlike the sims-style which limits you to levels, grids and set heights. It also leaves the door wide open for CC.
    Last edited by jchristiansmith; 08-19-2015 at 01:46 PM.

Then I hope for some kind of snap-to-object function so the free form placing won't make it painful hard to place pieces. ;D

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    But some of us really customize facades, roofs, and windows on our buildings. I think a solution is simply having preset show building you can place down and edit to your liking. Then, you could add a facade! This is what Universal does. Think Harry Potter- it's a castle but it's really just a warehouse.

I would like to see large, table service restaurants, pre built.. And the need for seating areas at stand based food service.
    "Disneyland will never be completed. It will continue to grow as long as there is imagination left in the world." - Walt Disney

Ireeb
    Quote Originally Posted by jchristiansmith View Post
    I think the method could be improved, but I don't think a sims-style drag around would be a good idea at all. It's actually very limiting in a lot of ways, and it's very code-intensive. The Skyrim, Far Cry 4 and GTA 5 world editors all have a similar layout like RCT3, so it's a system that is still used by top next-gen games. Being able to freely place any object anywhere gives the player complete customization unlike the sims-style which limits you to levels, grids and set heights. It also leaves the door wide open for CC.
    I think an advanced version of the Sims-Like way if building would not be too bad. Like you can work with or without a grid, if you disable it you can freely draw walls anywhere in any angle and if there is another piece of wall somewhere it will snap together when you get near the edge. The height of the wall could be freely adjusted of course, round walls and slopes should be included as well.

Also non-tile building.