Thread: New Laptop with no disc drive!

New Laptop with no disc drive!

I've recently upgraded to a new laptop, but it doesn't have a disk drive, therefore I am unable to play my RCT3 that I have on disk. I still have the original box and disk. I was wondering if there was a download provided, or if I could contact Atari or Frontier themselves. I don't really want to pay another £15 on steam, especially when RCTWorld should be released relatively soon. This is a brand new computer so there's no RCT files on this one. Thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Browninator View Post
    I've recently upgraded to a new laptop, but it doesn't have a disk drive, therefore I am unable to play my RCT3 that I have on disk. I still have the original box and disk. I was wondering if there was a download provided, or if I could contact Atari or Frontier themselves. I don't really want to pay another £15 on steam, especially when RCTWorld should be released relatively soon. This is a brand new computer so there's no RCT files on this one. Thanks in advance.
    Do you still have some computer with a disc drive?

Atari Customer Support ChipmunkAtariCS's Avatar
    Hello,

Please send a support ticket at http://support.atari.com/ so that we can better assist you. Access the site and click on “Submit a help request”, select “Technical Support”, fill in your information and click on submit.

Thank you for playing!

I've had the same problem with my laptop. That's why I've bought an external dvd drive. That might be an option, because that way you can play any game you own on disc. Those external drives are not really expensive...

btw I have a Macbook Pro and it works as well on MacOS as on Windows 7 & 8 (via Bootcamp and Parallels).