Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DLC Ideas

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DLC Ideas

nobody has started to talk about DLC yet but from the pictures i have seen from the update blog the game is very close to completion. With that being said i think we might need to start talking about DLC ideas or possible free update ideas. I scribbled this list down while it was slow at work and i don't know how much of it has been suggested but here it goes.

1. Challenge levels/hardcore modes for every level. Not a difficulty selector for each level but the ability to put hardcore on or off.
    2. The unlock able through progression premade rides were cool in RCT3 and those would be good to add.
    3. Having branch water parks like blizzard beach or typhoon lagoon and Disney would be interesting to have and be able to switch to. A better fireworks editor would be nice too if it were to comeback here.
    4. I hope with the spline type of editing we can make much more creative rides like Expedition Everest with the backward switch track or two stations like Six Flags Over Texas's Mr. Freeze or an interactive guest experience like allowing them to choose a left or right direction.
    the ability to add our own tracks to the music would be really cool for making more personalized themed coasters.
    5. Better tunnels would be nice too. RCT3 was not a high point with tunnels even though we would need it for a coaster game that you can ride.
    6. Better ground control which was hinted at on the steam page i mean more closely resembled to making cliffs, ledges and such that are more realistic along with more realistic waterfalls.
    7. Saving raised ground along with scenery would be cool too because trying to recreate it with scenery isn't the same.
    8. A sandbox mode that adds scenery. The custom building editor from RCT 3 was great. a random generator for the sandbox parks along with the flatland option.
    9. Custom paint jobs for the rollercoaster trains with premade shapes like a forza paintjob editor. Spray painting ground textures would be a good thing to bring back if it isn't there already. Along with the editor, an option to put some ads on your trains to get some more income if you need it.

Alright that was all i had tell and I hope you guys could expound on this stuff or lets provide some better ideas to make some good DLC or provide the finishing touches on the initial game.

As for DLC, my ideal content would be a couple of major expansions (ie, Soaked, and Wild) mixed among 'content packs'.

For example, 6 months after release, the first expansion comes out, with the next one after a year. As for the content drops, i'd imagine every 3-4 weeks, Atari releases content packs that contains a bevy of user submitted tweaks and fixes of the base game, as well as bonus content (maybe a new coaster type, or a bonus flatride).

I think they should do like a bunch of new themes in a pack, but also adding a bunch of new rides and attractions with one main new feature that they add. It could be a peep editor, or a walk mode that lets you walk around your park, or even something with Park Expansions (That let you expand your parks beyond the limits. I would see a Soaked version being in the base game, however I would feel pretty neutral to what I would rather have it. Cause in the end I would still buy the game no matter what.

I love how you guys are talking about expansions and DLC's before the game even is launched. JUST TELL THEM TO PUT IT IN THE GAME FOR PITTY SAKES.

im hearing all this stuff and i like it. I was thinking about more than just the parks though. as with RCT2 and 3 we could make our own parks without the programmers and i think that's what they are trying to do with the overall multiplayer experience and the sharing tools with the sharing of player creations. But as for adding more to the game i don't how easy it would be for them to add in more stuff especially with that photo they had. If you did have anything you like from my list feel free to suggest it as a new idea.

Quote Originally Posted by CedarPointFan View Post
    I love how you guys are talking about expansions and DLC's before the game even is launched. JUST TELL THEM TO PUT IT IN THE GAME FOR PITTY SAKES.
    Exactly. So much of this thread was wasted since much of what is being asked for could already be in the game. Better Tunnels? We don't even know what Tunnels are in the game and if they need to be better.

And we have real DLC lists where we think a DLC pack, aside from the themes list we have, could be Parades, or Hotels.

Didn't somebody mention the games already close to being finished? Maybe that's why this is here

Pools and zoos

Just hypothetical discussion to a posed question. Ofcourse we would like to see everything we ask for in the base game, but that just doesn't make sense from a developer's standpoint, unfortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlueLaw View Post
    Just hypothetical discussion to a posed question. Ofcourse we would like to see everything we ask for in the base game, but that just doesn't make sense from a developer's standpoint, unfortunately.
    Totally makes sense. But DLC packs are usually created for when they have a great idea AFTER the game launch. But it totally makes sense what you're doing... the devs are a little hassled right now so giving them time is great Keep up the good thread!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast