View Poll Results: What would you like to see at PAX?

Voters
190. You may not vote on this poll
  • New gameplay trailer

131 68.95%
  • More in-game screenshots

5 2.63%
  • Multiplayer information

3 1.58%
  • Developer showing off features of the game

41 21.58%
  • DLC information

0 0%
  • Release dates/Release information

7 3.68%
  • User-generated tools information

3 1.58%
  • Pricing information

0 0%
  • Pre-order information

0 0%
  • Other (Please post reply in thread)

0 0%
Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: RCTWorld @ PAX

Lightbulb RCTWorld @ PAX

67e48050d42ef341288f35c8655cee59.jpg AUG 28-31~ Keep updated here.

Original post:

The people developing RCTW have confirmed their plans to make a visit to PAX.

What would you like to see at PAX from Atari? Post your thoughts below or take part in the poll.

UPDATE:

Answers for frequently asked questions about media coming from PAX:

Q: Why is the park size so small in this demo?
    A: "Just a note on the park size since a bunch of people are asking about it. As we are explaining to people at the show and press, this is just because its a PAX demo. You will see that there is a fence around the park, this fence expands as you play the game in campaign mode to get to the full size park (which is bigger than previous games). For PAX we created a sandbox mode demo but still put a fence there because it's just a tad bit overwhelming if you have this HUGE space to play in to start."

Q: Is this build the same as the one as from Gamescom?
    A: "Actually to answer your question more fully - it is not the same build as Gamescom. It is a much more advanced build but will not be the fully unlocked game either."

RCTW MEDIA FROM PAX: (Videos are of higher quality)

Videos:
    Video 1 (Similar to video 2, displaying a hypercoaster in action)
    Video 2 (Information on Coaster qualification passing/semi-disasters) - High Quality Video

Pictures:
    Picture 1 (Displaying a specific flat ride)
    Picture 2 (Same as picture 1)
    Picture 3 (Catwalks!)
    Picture 4 (View of Park Entrance) - High Quality Picture
    Picture 5 (Peeps!)
    Picture 6 (View of wooden coaster)

High Quality:
    Picture 7
    Picture 8
    Picture 9
    Picture 10

From: http://www.pcworld.com/article/29776...into-ride.html

NEW: Interview and gameplay reveal from Mattlab!

Common complaints/concerns/questions from forums about RCTW media presented at PAX:

- The coaster "test" where cars fell off the track didn't seem realistic, as the train was not travelling at what appeared to be a super-high speed for a rollercoaster, and as such an event like this would never occur in real life (unrealistic).
    - Will stations be customizable or only premade?
    - In the final game, will there be more than 3 types of coasters to choose from?
    - Curved lift hills generally seem very unrealistic.
    - Will peeps explore the entire park instead of just crowd around the entrance like they did in RCT3?
    - Queues are too wide and unrealistic looking as in RCT3. (ie the queues don't look like they would in real life.)
    - Peeps don't use airgates.
    - The peeps stand like sticks in the queue.

edit: most viewed + replied to post on this forum!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Oblitious16; 08-30-2015 at 07:39 PM.

Park Patron
    I want to see a Gameplay. We need to see a gameplay for see how looks the final product. A gameplay shows much more than simple images. In the Gameplay they can show us the construction of buildings, the coaster editor, themed areas, how is the interface, the variety of attractions that we have, etc.

I don't understand why they didn't show us the Gamescom gameplay. That was a mistake from Atari. The gameplay is, certainly, necessary to see that the final game looks good.

I agree with what Joe says.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by Indominus View Post
    I agree with what Joe says.
    Thanks.

I see incomprehensible that, at this point, the most important things like peeps, shops and buildings, so common in all RCT, hasn't been shown yet. For not talking about the restaurants, I not see the restaurants in this game on Unity 5.

Also we don't know if RCTW incorporate water rides at release, and shows, etc... There are many things we don't know of this game yet.

I think that everyone wants: gameplay

EDIT: I also agree with joe BTW
    Last edited by koekeritis; 08-15-2015 at 10:05 PM.

Gameplay and more pics. I also agree with Joe.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Android View Post
    I want to see a Gameplay. We need to see a gameplay for see how looks the final product. A gameplay shows much more than simple images. In the Gameplay they can show us the construction of buildings, the coaster editor, themed areas, how is the interface, the variety of attractions that we have, etc.

I don't understand why they didn't show us the Gamescom gameplay. That was a mistake from Atari. The gameplay is, certainly, necessary to see that the final game looks good.
    I also thought we were going to see some gameplay at Gamescon. Too bad we didn't.

Considering the game will be released this Fall (hopefully), we should definitely see some Gameplay. Planet Coaster is already revealing their game and it doesn't even release until next year! This wait is ridiculous..

P.S I discovered RCTW in July and my patience is already running low.
    Last edited by Markov; 08-15-2015 at 10:29 PM.

Junior Enthusiast 0BobTheJanitor's Avatar
    So many choices; so overwhelming!

Passive Peep
    At least I want to see anything about RCTW at PAX...
    The big announced informations through the press at Gamescom was a joke. Only 2 or 3 articles, not even one in German or English???

I'm very interested in gameplay (not a trailer) and the release date "IF" Atari is showing something at PAX.

price: probably 50€ and 50$ in the US

Just saw that Amazon.de changed the release date from 31.12.2015 to 31.03.2016.
    As we don't know how much content they have finished already, it's possible that they might not be able to release it at Q4 2015.
    Haven't seen any water rides, tracked rides, or scenery buildings yet.
    Hopefully we'll get firm news about it at PAX...
    Last edited by rct-uwe; 08-17-2015 at 12:37 PM.

Page 1 of 83 1231151 ... LastLast