Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: rct 3 on MOBILE !!

Quote Originally Posted by Oblitious16 View Post
    Well, you see, Atari released an admittedly crappy RCT4 Mobile game with a million in game purchases. I'm sure many of the fans that would have played RCT4 Mobile are now going to go for this awesome ported version of RCT3.

This is a complete game, not some money grabbing micro-transaction (that looks nothing like the original franchise) filled game.

Good work on Frontier, I must say.
    RCT4 mobile has been out for a long time, and I think it already ran its course. I don't think people are buying that anymore (it looked awful), and I don't even see RCT3 for ipad/iphone as much of a direct competitor.

The release of RCT3 on itunes likely happened by Frontier only because Frontier retained the rights, apparently. If Atari had retained the rights, you'd probably be seeing it ported by Atari instead.

The playability of RCT3 on an ipad also remains to be seen. A lot will depend on how well the game was ported, how smoothly it will run, what effects had to be disabled to run on the older ipad/iphone hardware, etc.

Newcomer
    Not available for Android devices? This saddens me...

Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    RCT4 mobile has been out for a long time, and I think it already ran its course. I don't think people are buying that anymore (it looked awful), and I don't even see RCT3 for ipad/iphone as much of a direct competitor.

The release of RCT3 on itunes likely happened by Frontier only because Frontier retained the rights, apparently. If Atari had retained the rights, you'd probably be seeing it ported by Atari instead.

The playability of RCT3 on an ipad also remains to be seen. A lot will depend on how well the game was ported, how smoothly it will run, what effects had to be disabled to run on the older ipad/iphone hardware, etc.
    I don't understand how you don't find this new port to be direct competition to Atari's game. They literally both have the exact same name, except Frontier's game is an excellent ported version of RCT3, whereas Atari's game is some lackluster mobile microtransaction filled game. The only reason Atari's game did well is the name, and the fact that there were no amusement park simulation games like it.

RCT4 Mobile is pretty much what has been keeping Atari afloat all this time, and now that this game is released (and probably will be released for Android in the near future), I see this game taking away a good chunk of RCT4 Mobile's fan base and future players.

Guessing there's no custom scenery in it 😅

If there is anything new you notice could you tell me before I buy it XD

It's literally the same thing as the pc version, even the intro is the same. I soon as I found out I ran to the store and bought an itunes card.

It works fantastic! Been playing it all day

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12