View Poll Results: Download Version or Steelbook?

Voters
30. You may not vote on this poll
  • Download ( Steam or others)

8 26.67%
  • Disc (Steelbook, Limited, Special or just Normal)

10 33.33%
  • Both

12 40.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steam Download or Steelbook Edition?

Steam Download or Steelbook Edition?

Write your minds reading title on top!

I would like to play the game immediately via Download , but i Love Steelbooks or Limited Editions.
    Last edited by Palaber1984; 08-12-2015 at 10:32 AM.

I prefer both, for example warhammer 40k: they released a normal box with dvd, but the cd key could be used as a steam key, so you can play the game with cd, or with steam

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    I prefer both, for example warhammer 40k: they released a normal box with dvd, but the cd key could be used as a steam key, so you can play the game with cd, or with steam
    hope we get this option!

I said Steam as from my experience, games download pretty fast, it's a definite that you can play the game on release day whereas with disc it may get delayed in the post, steam games get updated easily, steam achievements is a hobby of mine.

Also... with some disc games they have a code where you can only install the game on one PC which causes a lot of hassle as I am planning on changing my PC rig in the next year. This wasn't the case with RCT3 luckily, however I'm not taking my chances XD!

A nice collectors edition with a lovely coaster resin model would be fantastic. Maybe a tad of wishful thinking!

Don't mind a collectors edition, but I will be getting the game via steam personally. I don't have to wait a week or two after the game releases for the stores in my location to pick up the game, if they ever, because places like wallmart only carry console games and gamestop only give you a steam code to download anyway for PC games. So for me, its completely pointless

I think in this day and age Steam would do just fine, but I also believe Atari (with their distributor) will sell the game in disc as well.

Passive Peep
    I'll never buy a download game!
    1. Just want it on discs... no need to download 10GB (or a bit less) for hours or more.
    2. What if you want to reinstall the game, maybe on a new drive? Copy on 2 discs or external drive!
    3. A download is nothing worth! No physical medium, no booklet, no box

Quote Originally Posted by rct-uwe View Post
    I'll never buy a download game!
    1. Just want it on discs... no need to download 10GB (or a bit less) for hours or more.
    2. What if you want to reinstall the game, maybe on a new drive? Copy on 2 discs or external drive!
    3. A download is nothing worth! No physical medium, no booklet, no box
    While I agree with you about this I just personally cannot get physical copies of PC games anymore! Not without some difficulty and waiting a week or two to get it. FYI you can backup any game on steam by simply coping the steam folder to another drive, no need to re download the whole thing, discs get scratched to hell and back and I keep all my discs in pristine condition but nothing you can do about cheaply made dvd drives that scratch them anyway! I do miss the booklets and stuff but since all games moved to a silly DVD case instead of the old style game boxes, physical worth disappeared 15 years ago. Can't fit nothing in a dvd case. 10gb is not that bad, try downloading a 30 or 40gb game or even 60gb with games like GTA V. Then you have a point lol

I've seen somewhere that Mattlab said about it being in stores in Europe? Can't remember where though

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast