Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021
Results 201 to 209 of 209

Thread: New RCTW Info

  1. #201
    I hope that the dull image is what you get when you yank down the graphics settings for max performance on a poor computer. And that in mid or max setting will look better.

  2. #202
    Park Patron SparkyUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by Helena View Post
    I worry about this too, I worry if I am forced to use only one or two or some max number of scenery styles... Sometimes I like to use 10+ different themes at once..
    I didn't read it that way. I read it that you'd have 4 theme options that you could apply to ride/stalls etc - not that you have 4 areas of your park which have different themes. I saw it in the same manner as in RCT3, where your stalls, scenery objects have tabs for "Adventure", "Pirate", "General" etc.

    I'm sure more themes will arrive via DLC at a later stage, or via UGC.

  3. #203
    Passive Peep
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    376
    The question is, why would they show such an image... If they did it with blog, comparing max graphics and lowest settings, then yes.
    But it´s not this case and I don´t trust this until I see solid evidence. He even promised to explain it, yet he ignored it in the dev.blog alltogether..

  4. #204
    Dutch and Chinese have been added to the list of languages.

  5. #205
    Dutch was already added yesterday, right?

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyUK View Post
    I didn't read it that way. I read it that you'd have 4 theme options that you could apply to ride/stalls etc - not that you have 4 areas of your park which have different themes. I saw it in the same manner as in RCT3, where your stalls, scenery objects have tabs for "Adventure", "Pirate", "General" etc.

    I'm sure more themes will arrive via DLC at a later stage, or via UGC.
    Actually I prefer RCT1+2 style, where the rides and stalls are generic so I can cram in millions of scenery without it clashing.

    As for the leaked shot:
    Mattlab has confirmed indeed that it is as I thought, performance mode on low end computer. Also he said it is on weather setting that it is dull (cloudy). He said so far into the thread of #15.. on page around 10+

  7. #207
    Junior Enthusiast maxfreak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    893
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.sugar View Post
    The question is, why would they show such an image... If they did it with blog, comparing max graphics and lowest settings, then yes.
    But it´s not this case and I don´t trust this until I see solid evidence. He even promised to explain it, yet he ignored it in the dev.blog alltogether..
    I was wondering the same thing and he actually managed to address it later on:

    Quote Originally Posted by Mattlab View Post
    So for those of you wondering about the "leaked screenshot" this was indeed shot from a low end computer, don't worry refer to the new shots taken yesterday for an idea of what the game looks like on a high-end PC. The "leaked screenshot" indeed shows how the game scales to different computers and is still able to render everything in real-time for the purposes of demonstration. Additionally, the concern about the shadows and muted colors in the shot is due to the fact that that was taken with clouds enabled in the game. Just like in real life this causes the light to fall flat and the colors to mute - definitely a setting we are still tweaking after reading your feedback! That said, I will try and write a blog in the future talking about some of the graphics scaling a bit more technically using a variety of settings and also showing it off in a variety of shots.

    Also a side note on banked turns. Of course there are banked turns for the coasters! I'll make sure we take a screenshot next time showing them off!

  8. #208
    Passive Peep
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    376
    Quote Originally Posted by maxfreak View Post
    I was wondering the same thing and he actually managed to address it later on:
    That´s what he says, though:

    1) Why did they release it without any information regarding this in the first place? Again, now it´s sound like the old "pre-alpha excuse" they used for the trailer.

    2) Why didn´t they post another screenshot, from the same/similar angle with graphics maxed out? Because THAT would be showcase of how they can scale the graphics...

  9. #209
    Park Patron SparkyUK's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    1,076
    Quote Originally Posted by MR.sugar View Post
    That´s what he says, though:

    1) Why did they release it without any information regarding this in the first place? Again, now it´s sound like the old "pre-alpha excuse" they used for the trailer.

    2) Why didn´t they post another screenshot, from the same/similar angle with graphics maxed out? Because THAT would be showcase of how they can scale the graphics...
    I think this has been done to death now. Matt has explained it, and as a few of us had already said this was likely a demo for a low-end machine, the recent screens posted show it at top-end level - so what that they are not side-by-side comparisons. There's really no point debating this any longer.

    I'm sure we will see more in due course, but this has been explained in another post.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Similar Threads

  1. RCT World Info
    By Kelint Eastwood in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-30-2015, 01:20 AM
  2. Neues Info Video von mir (Keine schlechten neuigkeiten ;))
    By Kombiice in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 03-07-2015, 06:02 AM
  3. Biggest Worry = Release Soon yet Almost No Info
    By Indiglow in forum General Discussion
    Replies: 96
    Last Post: 01-25-2015, 07:31 PM
  4. New Update Info + Issues
    By RGamer2009 in forum iOS Support
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-21-2015, 11:36 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
RollerCoaster Tycoon is back! RCTW is the first new entry to the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise in a decade, bringing an innovative new track builder, and much more.
Join us