Thread: Coaster Type Favorites of Peeps

Lightbulb Coaster Type Favorites of Peeps

It would be kind of cool to have every peep have a favorite type of coaster (steel, wooden, etc...) and would mostly only ride those if they are any... (kind of like how RCT3 had this but for Intensity of rides)

Another idea would be to have a list and see what kind of coaster the majority of the peeps want you to build in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Sirca View Post
    It would be kind of cool to have every peep have a favorite type of coaster (steel, wooden, etc...) and would mostly only ride those if they are any... (kind of like how RCT3 had this but for Intensity of rides)

Another idea would be to have a list and see what kind of coaster the majority of the peeps want you to build in the park

This would be neat as a pre-build, right before you do anything to your park it would give you a specific area of interest of your peeps. I really like this idea again another good Idea I have not seen before! Love it!
    Love me some RCTW!
    Twitch - twitch.tv/knoxvegas

Super Moderator
    Volunteer

I think this could be expanded beyond just Roller Coasters. I think each guest should have a favorite ride assigned to them in a addition to their ride preferences. Like Water rides. Roller Coasters. Gentle Rides. Thrill rides. Kid rides.

I agree that peeps should have individual preferences! It should also be possible that groups of peeps split up and e.g. the grandparents wait for their grandchildren while they ride the intense looping coaster. I think in RCT3 groups always rode all attractions together or not at all.

I don't really think it makes sense that all people in your park area prefer inverted coasters over sit-down coasters, for example. However, it would make sense if peeps were attracted by water rides more than usual because your park is located in a hot area. There might also be some events like, this new rollercoaster type has just been developed and is popular in other parks all over the world, so it would be good publicity to build it now.

I never liked when I had too many choices of different coaster types when there were no real advantages or disadvantages and the choice was really just up to my preferences. It would be great to be given some reasons to build a certain kind of coaster!

Quote Originally Posted by BillyBlaze View Post
    I agree that peeps should have individual preferences! It should also be possible that groups of peeps split up and e.g. the grandparents wait for their grandchildren while they ride the intense looping coaster. I think in RCT3 groups always rode all attractions together or not at all.

I don't really think it makes sense that all people in your park area prefer inverted coasters over sit-down coasters, for example. However, it would make sense if peeps were attracted by water rides more than usual because your park is located in a hot area. There might also be some events like, this new rollercoaster type has just been developed and is popular in other parks all over the world, so it would be good publicity to build it now.

I never liked when I had too many choices of different coaster types when there were no real advantages or disadvantages and the choice was really just up to my preferences. It would be great to be given some reasons to build a certain kind of coaster!
    That second paragraph has an interesting point that may be worth discussing in it's own topic or something- but I like the idea of 'trends' or something similar. Maybe something like 'Crazy Cattle Disease' makes people less likely to eat at a Burger Bar for a few months, or Cupcakes are in style and a bakery-type food attraction would see more customers. This of course could apply to rides, too as in the quote. A new roller coaster type being developed would be a little more popular if built ASAP, for example.

I'm going to start a trends thread if you don't mind.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    I really like this idea. This could work well with the idea for better operating hours because every day, peeps would run to their ride of preference. This would look really cool, seeing everyone sprinting to the back of the park to ride a megacoaster so they don't have to wait in line later!

This could easily go along with the Coaster rating system.

Quote Originally Posted by RandomMrBrick View Post
    I'm going to start a trends thread if you don't mind.
    Sure, go ahead.