Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [WIP] Jurassic War - Compact B&M Floorless

Quote Originally Posted by CD5Productions View Post
    Stay tuned. The video is coming soon!
    Excited! Looks incredible! Can't wait to "ride" it!

How many inversions?

Jurassic War - RIDE IT TODAY!

The wait is over. It's time to venture into the raptor pit.

Your adventure begins after the events of Jurassic World in the research facilities on the nearly deserted Isla Nublar, home of the ill-fated theme park.

A group of government officials have returned to the island to weaponize the remaining Velociraptors – an endeavor that played a role in Jurassic World.

Riders depart the station and navigate through the island’s rocky terrain. A barrel roll flips riders head over hills – a 180-degree turn transitions into the 80-foot-tall lift hill.

The train then plunges near-vertically 110 feet into the “raptor pit” testing ground. Riders enter a double-inversion bowtie element – a first for a Bolliger & Mabillard coaster.

The bowtie element transitions directly into the first vertical loop – which syncs with a train completing the second half the coaster’s 3,996-foot layout.

A sidewinder inversion turns the train back toward the core of the raptor pit. The train threads through the first vertical loop and plunges toward the ground, entering the first of three “cages” meant to slow the raptors. But as learned in Jurassic World, nothing goes according to plan. The first of the two cages “launch” riders rather than slow them. The first launch leads into a large banked turn.

The second launch is considerably more powerful – launching riders from 40-58 mph and into an inverted turn. Riders then maneuver an inclined loop before maneuvering a dizzying ground-hugging chase sequence toward the second vertical loop.

Like the first, it syncs with a train completing the first half of the coaster. A sweeping turn begins the return to the station, but not before a zero-g roll 40 feet above the ground.

The ride concludes with a “flatspin roll” element that leads into the brake run.

JURASSIC WAR STATS

LENGTH: 3,996 feet / 1,218 m
    HEIGHT: 80 feet / 24 m
    DROP: 110 feet / 33.5 m
    SPEED: 58 mph / 93 km/h
    INVERSIONS: 10
    TRAINS: 4, 20-seat trains (5 rows of riders seated 4 abreast)

JURASSIC WAR INVERSIONS

1. Barrel Roll
    2. 3. Bowtie (2)
    4. Vertical Loop
    5. Sidewinder
    6. Inverted Turn
    7. Inclined Loop
    8. Vertical Loop
    9. Zero-G Roll
    10. Flatspin Roll

Let me know what you think! I greatly appreciate your feedback.

For more Jurassic War, follow me on Facebook and Twitter. See more of my videos on my YouTube channel.

Finally a 10 inversion coaster that doesn't have 5 inline twists at the end! *cough colossus * cough *

Also what CT did you use?

Excitement-Intensity-Nausea?

Looks good! A little fast in areas. boosters? 5:00 mark specifically. Otherwise good. What the EIN?

Volunteer
    Fantastic job my friend

JURASSIC WAR - BONUS FOOTAGE

Hello again! Thank you for the responses to the Jurassic War video. I really enjoyed building this coaster, and I'm honored that the final product was well received.

I realized that I had a decent amount of leftover footage (surprising considering the length of the JW video), so I decided to make a "bonus footage" compilation. Watch it below:

Thanks again for your support!

Great work. I caught this on YT.

What is the CS you have used. mainly the support extensions that are attached to the track?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast