Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Pre-Order: Yes or No?

Exclamation Pre-Order: Yes or No?

With the current state of games being released way WAY.. WAAYYY below expectations from small companies to larger publishers I have gone to the no pre order rule.
    Would you actually pre order Roller Coaster Tycoon if they gave you some generic perk like other games tend to do?... or even worse.. Early access "privileges"?

My answer: No. This game has been too unpredictable and stand offish after the initial backlash from the in game trailer. The initial impressions mixed with concerns this is a cash grab along with most companies dropping the games after release most likely due to enough pre game sales for an unfinished game keeps me in the no category.

I make this post in hopes that the cautious/intelligent ones that don't opt for a pre order aren't screwed out of a portion of the game due to legitimate concerns.

What do you think?

I agree. To make my intentions for this post more clear.

MattLab.. Atari.. whoever.. please do not have a "special" pre-order thing.. EVERYONE deserves ALL of the game.

Thank you in advance.

Park Patron
    Frontier has given the option to ''pre order'' his game, without show any ''in game'' image, they only showed a trailer rendering with computer... Here you can see the professionalism of each company. Atari at least unveils its game with blogs, then you have an idea of how it will be RCTW. And best of all, we will have a BETA of RCTW to play the game in front of our eyes.

I personally wouldn't pre order any game without having played or seen the game in gameplays.
    Last edited by Joe Android; 07-24-2015 at 06:18 PM.

I think I agree mostly with you Joe.

The blogs have been alright but clearly lacking. But, still very nice and has kept me coming back since the first.

Beta = awesome.
    HOWEVER, paying/pre-ordering to get into the beta = Anti-Awesome. I think this opens the door to releasing an unfinished game. You want money? Release the FINISHED game.

I would much rather play a Demo (what happened to these?) and make my decision based on a taste of the finished product.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by Gottlos View Post
    I think I agree mostly with you Joe.

The blogs have been alright but clearly lacking. But, still very nice and has kept me coming back since the first.

Beta = awesome.
    HOWEVER, paying/pre-ordering to get into the beta = Anti-Awesome. I think this opens the door to releasing an unfinished game. You want money? Release the FINISHED game.

I would much rather play a Demo (what happened to these?) and make my decision based on a taste of the finished product.
    This is a great opportunity for Atari to make money in the easy way. They now have a lot of people looking at Atari thanks to the RCTW. If they make a good game, they earn a lot, and I think they are doing.

All this waiting will be worth, I hope that Atari not launch a unfinished game, I think they are taking the things seriously, now.

The BETA help us a lot to know the game, see how much scenery, attractions, roller coasters ... have the game.

I honestly hope that the BETA is available when the game is '' more or less '' completed, I mean with a good variety of things.

I only buy a handful of games, games that I really want, I save my money for other stuff. But I do pre-order games at my local GameStop. I currently have the new XCOM 2 on pre-order there and fully paid off so all I have to do is go in and collect it on release day. Once Rollercoaster Tycoon World becomes available for pre-order, I'll pre-order it too. I've seen enough of the game to like it so might as well put in the pre-order, pay off €5.00 a week on it, and then go in and collect it on release day.

Not till i see more...

I will preorder this game regardless because its RCT. This will be my first preorder ever

Passive Peep
    I'm buying this game anyway no matter what, just because it's the game I've been waiting for for 11 years. Even if the game turns out to be of poor quality, I still want it in my collection as a big RCT fan. I know, I'm weird like that. And if it does turn out crap, then at least I'll have something to show my friends and make fun of lol. I don't think it will suck though. Based on the recent updates we've been getting, I'm pretty sure it'll be at least decent.

Maybe they are going to start pre-orders after Gamescon as they are going to show main gameplay there.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast