View Poll Results: Do you want Hotels added to the game?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I want Hotels

53 73.61%
  • No I do not want Hotels

19 26.39%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotels Discussion (Yes/No Debate + Similar Threads)

Even at Disneyland, there is a gate that separates the park (only California Adventure) from the hotel, (Grand Californian) So in reality it is not one seamless operation. A peep can't walk from the hotel without being stopped at a Park entrance and thus in simulation, this can be reflected as separate game even.

I see hotels much like SimCity 2013 where they are a separate location, if they are to work well.
    It would allow the Hotel crowd to have a hotel and as a separate game allow those of us who don't want hotels to continue with out them
    It would allow the Hotel Franchise to expand with its own DLC which i would imagine there would be clamor for instantly for you should be able to theme a Hotel Resort as much or more than an amusement park
    It could solve some issues of peep time management

Kuya-while there are those who want Hotels, there are many who don't.

If this becomes part of the RCTW game, then I would hope that the Peep dynamics stay consistent while my screen has the park and the hotel on it. I would hate to wrap my head around a game where in one half of it, the Peep spends 3 years game time spending his hundred dollars in the park, leaves and two days later has come back to the park after spending 50 sawyer bucks at the hotel for his one night stay.

I think we can make it balanced but I think we can have a lot of fun by making the resort its own game

Quote Originally Posted by dwwilkin View Post
    Even at Disneyland, there is a gate that separates the park (only California Adventure) from the hotel, (Grand Californian) So in reality it is not one seamless operation. A peep can't walk from the hotel without being stopped at a Park entrance and thus in simulation, this can be reflected as separate game even.

I see hotels much like SimCity 2013 where they are a separate location, if they are to work well.
    It would allow the Hotel crowd to have a hotel and as a separate game allow those of us who don't want hotels to continue with out them
    It would allow the Hotel Franchise to expand with its own DLC which i would imagine there would be clamor for instantly for you should be able to theme a Hotel Resort as much or more than an amusement park

If this becomes part of the RCTW game, then I would hope that the Peep dynamics stay consistent while my screen has the park and the hotel on it. I would hate to wrap my head around a game where in one half of it, the Peep spends 3 years game time spending his hundred dollars in the park, leaves and two days later has come back to the park after spending 50 sawyer bucks at the hotel for his one night stay.

I think we can make it balanced but I think we can have a lot of fun by making the resort its own game
    I quite like this idea. almost have it as an expansion. maybe have a little button on the park HUD and takes you to one of your resorts and you get to upgrade it. hire more staff. add more amenities to it. more themes. more room. etc. Have it run simultaneously to the park. but to help with guest going there and back to the parks again you could have a much longer day in the resort view so that guests are in the park for a long time then they leave for a similar amount of time (night time at the resort)

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by dwwilkin View Post

I've always said the hotels/resorts should be an expansion pack. It adds so many possibilities to the game imo but I understand that some don't want them. An expansion pack is the best way to go.

Hotel

It be cool on Roller Coaster Tycoon World that we can build hotel?

This has been one of the biggest suggestions from the fans, but it's pulling a rather split view. As some are hoping it won't take over the game as it's ultimately Rollercoaster Tycoon, not Hotel Tycoon.

Personally, I am totally in favour of being able to build hotels; primarily because I love the strategy side of the game and reckon it could also help bring more dynamic to the game (ie, it could help increase the number of peeps in the park, more options in marketing campaigns that include hotel facilities or incentives to stay in the park for a few days, etc)

Would be nice. It is very typical for a lot of theme parks

It be cool if we can upgrade them like more room etc for more peeps.

Passive Peep
    Hotels would be awesome, but the time frame system has it that peeps stay in the parks for months, so when they leave would they go to the hotel and then return again? It seems complicated but also could be done in the right way! The mobile game had hotels so, maybe?

I can just imagine the peeps now,

David R 'I can't wait to get back to the hotel and put my feet up'
    Emma G 'This hotel room is really messy'
    Chris D 'I hope this hotel has wifi!'

Personally i like the idea altough i dont want it in yet. I rather see all effort go into gameplay right now. Get as much scenery, coaster, flatrides, etc as possible.

More like how they did with RCT3. First add-on was about water, second about animals.
    I kind of wish they will do the same for RCTW. First the base game, then maybe some add-on's about hotel's, parking lot's, water parks, animal parks, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
    Hotels would be awesome, but the time frame system has it that peeps stay in the parks for months, so when they leave would they go to the hotel and then return again? It seems complicated but also could be done in the right way! The mobile game had hotels so, maybe?

I can just imagine the peeps now,

David R 'I can't wait to get back to the hotel and put my feet up'
    Emma G 'This hotel room is really messy'
    Chris D 'I hope this hotel has wifi!'
    Yes but, RCT4M is not that complicated... all the shops, hotels, restraunt , businesses etc just generate coins over time... they are not each there own mechanic in the game with features. especially hotels

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast