View Poll Results: Do you want Hotels added to the game?

Voters
72. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I want Hotels

53 73.61%
  • No I do not want Hotels

19 26.39%
Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Hotels Discussion (Yes/No Debate + Similar Threads)

Angry Hotels Discussion (Yes/No Debate + Similar Threads)

I understand that it isn't a game about building hotels however being that now there will be multiple parks linked into a single map (at least that's my understanding) in order to maximize profits and for peeps to enjoy all the parks they'd need a place to stay and it would be really awesome to get to take the approach of the "Disney World Resort" and have multiple theme parks all interconnected via monorail/train/bus and all of it revolving around a hotel/hotels that you also manage!

Also not exactly related but does anyone know what transit rides have been confirmed and if they will be on a spline too?

Finally I'm sorry if this is a repeat, I checked and didn't see anything!

What cool ideas do you have regarding similar topics, do you agree with the thought that the implication of a resort system would be additive to the effect of the game?

Passive Peep

Cool Very Simple Hotel Idea

@dwwilkin

You are thinking way to in to this. The hotel idea is simple

Let me break it down for you,

Step 1) Place a pre-built hotel down in your park.
    Step 2) Set a standard rate for one person to stay one night
    Step 3) When guests' fatigue bar is low they have three options
    3a. Sit down or buy a drink increase their fatigue
    3b. Visit the hotel for a few hours (in-game hours obviously) to increase their fatigue. It doesnt matter whether it's night or day
    3c. Leave the park if they choose

So to sum it up:
    - There's no hotel management besides setting the price to stay one night. (Forget the whole idea of king suites, super suites, bars, etc)
    - Forget the time scale. Peeps don't need to care about what time of day it is. If it's 12 afternoon and if their fatigue bar is low they'll go to the in park hotel and stay for a little.
    - Forget building a hotel from scratch. Pre-built hotels will already be available to simply place in your park that have the capacity of lets say 500 guests.

Very simple idea...nothing fancy...like you said this isnt hotel tycoon
    Last edited by ncutt010; 12-19-2014 at 01:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ncutt010 View Post
    @dwwilkin

You are thinking way to in to this. The hotel idea is simple
    Ncutt-I am trying to present a balanced view that takes into the fact that our community is made up of realists vs abstractists. We had major discussions about this with RCT3 and RCT3 gameplay mechanics.

Even should your thoughts, a fatigue bar system, be implemented. for game play vs realism, how man peeps are overnighters? When you walk in a park now, is that a tenth of all visitors, a twentieth? How do you work this out with family dynamics? Would a realist player like that one size pays for all? Or would they want children under 12 sleep for free? If there are hotel guests included, then do they have to have dynamics for their Dinner and breakfast surrounding that fatigue refresh.

Wouldn't it be better to start discussing these and other issues at the beginning, really come up with a system that ties into the game mechanics so later, at release of such a functionality, the many who have opinions on each side of the issue will see that they were given due thought during the creation and a reason for a choice regarding each issue was taken.

I cant say I know what transport rides are confirmed so far..however, I do agree with your idea of a resort system being implicated into the game. I think that this would make it much more realistic and for me personally, a more realistic game with a large range of things to do or build in this case, is one I enjoy more.

Hotel/Resort Thoughts

I've not had time to look around at a lot of the recent posts, but I have seen some adamantly against hotels, and some for hotels.

I'll admit that I like the idea of a hotel feature. However, I certainly don't think it should be the primary focus of the game.

The main thing I would like to see from a hotel is an impact on the peeps. If the park has a hotel, then there are likely to be peeps with quite a bit more money as they intend to stay longer. They will also spend a longer time in the park, and hotels will help increase the number of peeps in the park as there will be more multi-day visitors. They would also purchase multiple admission tickets, reflecting their multi-day stay.

However, I don't think they should be running back and forth to the hotel all the time. It should primarily be a simulated behavior via spending and time in park that is influenced by the presence of resorts.

As for the hotel designs, since it isn't Hotel Tycoon, I'd like to see a hotel wizard. Via a form, specify various features, such as number of rooms, presence of a pool, presence of an exercise room, presence of restaurants and their types, presence of guest laundry, presence of a game room, presence of bellhops, and presence of a gift shop. Also, how fancy is the hotel... 1 star to 5 stars. The wizard could also allow a bit of shaping and height adjustment to fit a desired space. The features would impact how many people are willing to stay in the hotel, how long they're willing to stay, what they'd be willing to pay for a room, how much additional revenue it would generate (from restaurants, gift shops, game room, laundry), how much space is required, and how much it would cost to build, staff, and maintain.

For those who want to customize the appearance, allow walls to be put up as "skins," but leave the interior as essentially a black box. It isn't really necessary to get into all the minutiae of the layout, as that, I believe, would detract from the overall game play.

Hotels could be placed outside, adjacent to, or inside park boundaries. They also could have transportation terminals (such as monorail, train, shuttle bus). Peeps who would go to the hotel would generally be going to perform an action like eating at a restaurant, playing in the game room, or swimming in the pool. They would not actually spend time sleeping. The act of sleeping would be simulated by their paying multiple admission fees and staying longer in the park.

Thank you for considering this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpo View Post
    Thank you for considering this idea.
    I hope all those who would like Hotels use Harpo's thread as a location to start a serious discussion of all the various wants in regard to lodging whether within the game, or as an expansion DLC, Pack, or its own linked game

Hey harpo, I fully agree here have the option for hotels as more income and that you don't have to use them (which I would) but it's there if you want it. Also wast to be able to design the hotel too. Maybe not down to the last detail but a healthy amount of control of how it looks. You know enough to make it feel like my own. .

I'll e the idea that the hotel should go through a star rating. Brings more life to the hotel and park. Great post!

I wouldn't want a hotel to be like a ride, plopped down into the park like they are in RCTM. Here are my thoughts, to get to a hotel like that, you don't drive to it, you go through the ticket entrance at the front of the park. So the realism Park Managers get a hotel that is unrealistic

A hotel has to have its own entrance, parking, etc. Then if you are not a guest and it has that, what is to stop the creative Peep from entering the lobby of the hotel, walking through it, and entering the Park.

A Hotel has to be outside of the Park structure, the park only having one entrance (well perhaps other ways in, but always an entrance gate) the Hotel having its own eco system.

I've noticed the ongoing trend of wanting a hotel presence in the game. Like Harpo said, it shouldn't be a primary focus of the game. I do think the overall concept could be incorporated in the game to affect the business aspects of the game, but you shouldn't be one you have to constantly worry about like an attraction or store/food location. There are theme parks that are part of a much bigger "resort" idea, but in most cases seem separate in overall operations from the rest of the resort/theme-park.

I do like the idea of having it just outside the park's boundaries and possibly being a source of peep traffic. Possibly making it an obstacle in certain scenarios by having an alternate entrance to the main one for your park.

Junior Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by KuyaJeff View Post
    I've noticed the ongoing trend of wanting a hotel presence in the game. Like Harpo said, it shouldn't be a primary focus of the game. I do think the overall concept could be incorporated in the game to affect the business aspects of the game, but you shouldn't be one you have to constantly worry about like an attraction or store/food location. There are theme parks that are part of a much bigger "resort" idea, but in most cases seem separate in overall operations from the rest of the resort/theme-park.

I do like the idea of having it just outside the park's boundaries and possibly being a source of peep traffic. Possibly making it an obstacle in certain scenarios by having an alternate entrance to the main one for your park.
    This is true, but then there are also some where hotels are directly connected with the rest of the resort/parks. Universal Orlando and Disneyland are two big examples.

Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast