Thread: paths over water

paths over water

long time player here...and this was probably addressed elsewhere but I am tired of rides running into the supports and stilts for overhead paths that get built after the ride is made. ie boats running through path supports... rides running through pool sides... ..basically un 'corrected' stuff that makes the trip on a ride totally unrealistic and a 3D nightmare.

Can't remember where but this sounds like something that was discussed somewhere in the depths of the forums a while back - I think that proper 'collision detection' is definitely needed so that supports, tunnels etc are treated properly by other models

You mean so that a pathway would 'cut a hole' through a wooden coaster's supports instead of just erasing all the supports from that segment?

Yeah, that'd be really good.

Volunteer
    It always bothered me when I tried to build a coaster over some paths that it would literally have no supports because the game automatically cut out supports over paths. Unless cs was used you could end up with a supportless coaster because of paths and scenery.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    You mean so that a pathway would 'cut a hole' through a wooden coaster's supports instead of just erasing all the supports from that segment?

Yeah, that'd be really good.
    Yes, I hate that. Name one coaster that has a segment with no supports. LOL.

I think instead of asking for better paths over water, we should ask for better bridges(especially the arched ones). I would love to see boats passing through the bridges. Really boating should be improved as most of the time they get stuck in custom scenery and then can't reach the station.

Quote Originally Posted by ddrplaya4638 View Post
    It always bothered me when I tried to build a coaster over some paths that it would literally have no supports because the game automatically cut out supports over paths. Unless cs was used you could end up with a supportless coaster because of paths and scenery.
    On the other hand, sometimes you would have the supports on the path if the coaster was in place first, this mostly with a wooden coaster. when you built a path under it. Also, on a wooden coaster, if a banked turn were placed over a lower track the part of the support for the banked turn would show up hanging down when you rode the coaster. Talk about a "head chopper" it really was!
    Last edited by warcat61; 07-17-2015 at 08:33 PM.