Thread: Advanced Queue Idea

Super Moderator
    Volunteer

Lightbulb Advanced Queue Idea

Hello all,

As a lifetime veteran of the game, I was astonished when I saw a new game was coming out. Any true fan remembers watching fake trailers on youtube about people claiming to have found a trailer for the game. I was overjoyed to say the least at the anouncement that a new game will be released. The following thread are some ideas regarding a sort of station for rides that would act more realistsic take on stations.

The thing that bothered me about the old games is how fast the scenarios woud go by, and how scenery didn't play a huge factor. The first idea I had is more complex buildings for stations. Ones that could hold peeps for about an hour. The would include a main queue, overflow queue, holding queue, and coaster gates.

Main Queue
    -the main queue is where peeps will always be entering. This doesnn't necissarily have to be long, but it has to be entertaining. This queue, on a quiet day, takes about 20 minutes to get through.

0VERFLOW QUEUE
    -this is that cursed snake that the attendents open up around 1 o'clock everyday. This would add another 25 minutes to the queue and would be optional to add to a queue.

HOLDING QUEUE
    -this is the show room you enter before going to the main station. It usually has a show or interactive "games" to keep you waiting. This takes around 10 minutes to get through.

COASTER GATES
    -the main station where you enter the ride. This takes 5 minutes

Thanks for taking time to read!!!

-coaster6

Peeps buying fast passes and adding fast gates would be cool too.

Rides would have normal queues for peeps and fast queues too - no waiting time or minimum waiting time compared to normal queues.
    peeps spend X on fast passes.
    peeps with fast passes have entrance priority. (3 to 1 or something like that).

Real world parks have and they are a good way to get income.

Passive Peep
    Yep these would be cool but having longer queues that peeps didn't super complain about would be good as well

Love this thread, because most of Coaster6's requests are exactly what I'm looking for to build a superhero-themed "dark ride." I originally posted my idea on the Theme Park Studio forum earlier this year:
    http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/ind...18453#msg18453

The "Batman" and "Dark Knight" attraction at Great Adventure (I'm from Joisey...we NEVER call it "Six Flags) is along the lines of what I would like to do, but with "better" theming. "Batman: The Ride" has a bombed-out Gotham City police car outside the main housing, and the (crappy) "Dark Knight" indoor wild-mouse coaster has a holding room with a giant TV display of a whole bunch of news reports with Harvey Dent.

I didn´t like. I dont´t want my guests/peep stuck on queue. In my parks I already make short queues to guests not stay on them for long time and they can go on other rides or have a bite to eat. If a guest is stopped he is not spending.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Quote Originally Posted by DonGiro View Post
    Love this thread, because most of Coaster6's requests are exactly what I'm looking for to build a superhero-themed "dark ride." I originally posted my idea on the Theme Park Studio forum earlier this year:
    http://forum.themeparkstudio.com/ind...18453#msg18453

The "Batman" and "Dark Knight" attraction at Great Adventure (I'm from Joisey...we NEVER call it "Six Flags) is along the lines of what I would like to do, but with "better" theming. "Batman: The Ride" has a bombed-out Gotham City police car outside the main housing, and the (crappy) "Dark Knight" indoor wild-mouse coaster has a holding room with a giant TV display of a whole bunch of news reports with Harvey Dent.
    Thanks! I live around an hour out from Great Adventure and get there at least once a year. Rides like the Dark Knight that utilize the holding queue should be able to be built in RCTW. The ride sucks, but it builds up so much anticipation!

Definitely need an overflow queue. Add Fastpass and single rider to the list though

Awesome!!! YES

It's clearly a well-thought-out idea, but honestly, I'd rather just have a dynamic queue I could place that shortens and lengthens as needed. The rest just seems like too much micro-managing for some players. But as with many of the ideas on these forums, doesn't hurt to have it as an optional thing. lol