Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ticket Booths

Ticket Booths

This is probably the most minor request, yet one of the most commonly talked about here on the forums. We all LOVE the new screenshot, except the ticket booth. I understand why it's there, to obviously pay for the ride, but I wish that you could have an option to take it away. But then you'd say, "Well then it would be unrealistic for peeps to pay to ride a coaster without even physically handing down the cash." but, I'm thinking if you make the coaster cost $0.00 to ride, the ticket booth will go away. Why the crap do we need a ticket booth for a free ride? Just saying that I don't want ticket booths when they aren't necessary.

As always, thanks for reading!

-CedarPointFan

Big +Support

The majority of parks I want to build will have a one-time fee to enter the park and only charge for extra things like golf, trampolines, the circus and possibly go karts.

It would be very silly to have a ticket booth for every coaster in this instance.

Volunteer
    Maybe just a staff member and a turnstile could take its place?

Again this all comes down to being able to have options, and being able to customize the park to your specific needs, this could and I think should be doable to make at at least a few different variations for everyone to choose from.

Agreed 100% - they need to put an option to disable this.

What's to say that option isn't all ready in the works? Maybe they just opted to show us a ticket booth for feedback. I'm more concerned about the actual look of the ticket booth.
    Last edited by magicart87; 07-10-2015 at 05:35 PM.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    While I agree having an option to remove the ticket booth is good. Just remember if we make the rides free the "peeps" will either pass by the ticket booth without paying or go through the animation of buying a ticket and not actually pay. My question is. Is the ticket booth so ugly that you want it removed? If so tell the devs to design a better ticket booth! If the answer to that question is no then I can't see why it should be removed. I should also add I REALLY want tickets booths at the entrance of the park. Even if getting into the park is free. It encourages me to see ticket booths at the ride entrance. Now I expect to see them at the park entrance too.

Quote Originally Posted by OTR24 View Post
    While I agree having an option to remove the ticket booth is good. Just remember if we make the rides free the "peeps" will either pass by the ticket booth without paying or go through the animation of buying a ticket and not actually pay. My question is. Is the ticket booth so ugly that you want it removed? If so tell the devs to design a better ticket booth! If the answer to that question is no then I can't see why it should be removed. I should also add I REALLY want tickets booths at the entrance of the park. Even if getting into the park is free. It encourages me to see ticket booths at the ride entrance. Now I expect to see them at the park entrance too.
    A lot of this holds true. I think my issue ins't so much with the ticket booth being there...it's that the ticket booth is fugly!

If anything it should look similar to the station design. I think the booth needs a unifying element, something that says these two objects (station) and (booth) are a complimentary pair. If not give that booth some excitement. A logo or something. If we're going to be stuck with a ticket booth it needs to look good.
    Last edited by magicart87; 07-10-2015 at 06:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OTR24 View Post
    That's not my problem. My problem is most parks I've been to and want to recreate don't have a ticket booth. It's ugly and if it's not being used, then why not have an option to remove it?

Quote Originally Posted by ddrplaya4638 View Post
    Maybe just a staff member and a turnstile could take its place?
    This was mentioned long ago on the forum. I actually like this idea a lot!

I guess the developer didn't. It was clear early on Atari still wanted to have ticket booths. See here:
    https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.n...97896083_o.jpg

And I'll admit those Pipeworks screenshots actually didn't look half bad. But this booth...the version we have now (screenshot) doesn't look any better, IMO. Ticket booths could be removed from the game completely and just have a turnstile/staff member. I'd rather have no booth vs one that looks awful.
    Last edited by magicart87; 07-10-2015 at 06:11 PM.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast