Thread: Message to Mattlab

Exclamation Message to Mattlab

Hello,
    first of all I want to say thank you to Mattlab for not forgetting us, and actually listening to what we're saying.
    The new picture from production blog post 12 looks really good.

But I have a few ideas and tips to make things even better:

1. Catwalks at the lifthill and brake-section
    2. The coaster track is too high in the station, it should be lower so people can actually get on the ride, now its just to high. This is a little thing and is easy to change.
    3. The station looks great, but the developers need to remember that CUSTOMIZATION is VERY IMPORTANT in the RCT franchise. What I want to say with this is that there should be an option to just place a blank station without the roof and everything, and then build an unique building around it. The air-gates are a great addition.
    4. The option to remove the ticket booth. In most real theme parks guests don't have to pay for every ride, so being able to remove the ticket booth would be great.
    5.Curved banks. This is a must have.
    6.I repeat: CUSTOMIZATION IS VERY IMPORTANT. Little things like changing the fences of the queue lines, building your own stations, other buildings and creating your own queue line instead of pre-build assets are game breakers or makers.
    7. Landscape editing is also a must have for a game like this.

Thank you for keeping us updated. I can't wait to see whats coming next!
    Last edited by Indominus; 07-09-2015 at 03:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Indominus View Post
    Hello,
    first of all I want to say thank you to Mattlab for not forgetting us, and actually listening to what we're saying.
    The new picture from production blog post 12 looks really good.

But I have a few ideas and tips to make things even better:

1. Catwalks at the lifthill and brake-section
    2. The coaster track is too high in the station, it should be lower so people can actually get on the ride, now its just to high. This is a little thing and is easy to change.
    3. The station looks great, but the developers need to remember that CUSTOMIZATION is VERY IMPORTANT in the RCT franchise. What I want to say with this is that there should be an option to just place a blank station without the roof and everything, and then build an unique building around it. The air-gates are a great addition.
    4. The option to remove the ticket booth. In most real theme parks guests don't have to pay for every ride, so being able to remove the ticket booth would be great.
    5.Curved banks. This is a must have.
    6.I repeat: CUSTOMIZATION IS VERY IMPORTANT. Little things like changing the fences of the queue lines, building your own stations, other buildings and creating your own queue line instead of pre-build assets are game breakers or makers.
    7. Landscape editing is also a must have for a game like this.

Thank you for keeping us updated. I can't wait to see whats coming next!
    1. Yes Catwalks at the lifthill and brake section to have more detail. Also why not have a additional train storage area? With Transfer track??
    2. Not sure about this, but I'm sure this is something they can change.
    3. YES for sure we need to have choices, choices, choices, choices.
    4. YES the option to remove this is a amazing idea, again choices, choices, choices.
    5. Curved banks for the track they did talk about this on another blog post I think about having the ability to really make your own custom ride so we will see how this comes along but for sure a great idea.
    6. Again yes, I do agree with you this is a must for sure. If not this could be a make or break for a ton of people for this game.
    7. I agree this is another great feature that all the other RCT's had and I would hope they do not forget about it in this to really help make the rollercoaster and park come to life.

All great points for sure! Hope they can impress us even more on the next blog post!

There were only 3 main things that bugged me about the new screenshot.

1: The lift hill not having a catwalk, the track just seems too fake without them.
    2: The track inside the station looks too high, it needs to be built into the floor (or at least have a gap left in the floor for track to be placed into). It may just be the image's perspective but it make it look like the peeps will have to climb up into the seats on the train.
    3: If you look closely at the train running along the rails in the background, i noticed that there doesn't seem to be a front piece to the train. Either the coaster isn't finished or they've missed a VITAL piece of the train. (Check image below).
    NEWCOASTERPIC.jpg