Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: RollerCoaster Tycoon World Production Blog #12

True. Customization is going to make or break this game.

This is looks amazing; love everything from the station to the curved paths and like how the lamps, shrubs, and other scenery elements seem to flow in terms of placement.

Quote Originally Posted by magicart87 View Post
    I think this was included as more an artistic "throwback" design to the classic RCT game in which a traffic light system was used. I seem to remember them being in RCT3 as well. I don't so much mind it; but would like it to be a bit smaller.
    Yes indeed, I also recognise them from RCT3 and I always strongly disliked them.

Although, I would also be fine with them being there by default, if they were much smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Knobs View Post
    Awesome, Background is a sky object.
    ( a big square or sphere with textures mapped on it .
    ( still a bit too low res though )
    But that means they can change sky textures, or make them dynamic with animated shaders .
    Means we will probably have a night and day time, where the light you've place will illuminate your scenery objects.
    ( maybe even with soft shadow maps )

Finally a picture that shows that they really have listened to the fans and are building a great, great game.
    Curved paths, great stations, supports that look way better, ....

Foliage will be sprite alpha shaded, due the massive amount of cpu load of you use actual geometry with polygons.
    Sprites renders way way faster and have a huge cpu saving ability.

If you all want thousand of trees, there just isn't another solution then sprite based.
    1000 trees with actual geometry will destroy your machine.
    They could use more high res textures on it , but i think we'll be able to set them in the video settings, accordingly to your computer specifications.

Seriously heavy stoked for this game.

Really can't wait until this game finally comes out.
    Glad you addressed the tree/foliage thing. I think they look pretty dang good how they are considering how most play the game, zoomed out further. I play a few games running Unity that are using SpeedTree and they're all having pretty significant performance impacts. Might be wild if the foliage was sprite based in 3rd person view then switched to high detail SpeedTree in first person, where the draw distance and LOD could be nerfed to keep performance high.

Quote Originally Posted by BRUXXUS View Post
    Glad you addressed the tree/foliage thing. I think they look pretty dang good how they are considering how most play the game, zoomed out further. I play a few games running Unity that are using SpeedTree and they're all having pretty significant performance impacts. Might be wild if the foliage was sprite based in 3rd person view then switched to high detail SpeedTree in first person, where the draw distance and LOD could be nerfed to keep performance high.
    I agree, the trees graphically look good enough.

However, I would really like to see much larger trees. I'm speaking of trees that are perhaps 7x larger than the ones we see in the screenshot.

Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    I agree, the trees graphically look good enough.

However, I would really like to see much larger trees. I'm speaking of trees that are perhaps 7x larger than the ones we see in that screenshot.
    Oh yeah, for sure! Actually, I never really even realized how small the trees have been in all the games until I read your comment. Would be so awesome to have huge trees that coasters could weave through!

I'm still having a hard time comprehending how much work has been done in such a short time! Wow. I'm super excited for this and am happy to see things being made and adjusted based on fan feedback.I won't leave any suggestions in this thread since there's other ones for that, AND Nvizzio has pretty much proven that they "get" the game and fans. It's clear they're also fans and are putting hard work and passion into this game.

I seriously want to send them cookies or something!

What the developers need to know is that in a game like this, CUSTOMIZATION IS VERY VERY VERY IMPORTANT!

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by JMR View Post
    - I really hope that the station was built "by hand" and is not just one single model. Players want to build their own stations to fit the theme, layout and overall design of their coaster.
    I think this could work in a similar way to how its done in the new SimCity, where you had a building and you could plop down added modules (like city hall departments), so you have a basic station and you can customise it however you want.

Anyone notice that this is supposed to be a B&M Hyper yet the track is tubular? Where are the catwalks and lift lighting? The progress looks great but I truly hope the coaster tracks are true to life. Also will there be larger trees and foliage? Some trees are larger than coasters. The trees in RCT3 down were all small. Can we have a variety of small to large?
    Last edited by Thaakiidty; 07-10-2015 at 01:23 PM.

Page 18 of 35 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast