Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Curved Paths?

Passive Peep
    Curved paths is definitely one my many many needs for this game. It makes it so much more realistic. Curved queue lines would be even better.

In rct games the paths are 1 tile same as the gardens. If you look in the trailer the paths curve around structures and the gardens that u can see in the few frames.

Curved paths would be amazing. Heck, even diagonal paths would be nice...just to help get rid of that "everything is at a 90 degree angle" feeling.

But these screenshots: http://m.imgur.com/a/5tPK2

...make it seem like we will have essentially the same path system as RCT3, at least in terms of flexibility. Then again, this could have changed, since these screenshots were released back when Pipeworks were the devs. I'm curious as to what they mean by 'painted on', as well.

By the way, AI algorithms have gotten so advanced and performant over the years, I personally am not too concerned about any performance impact curved paths may have.

Quote Originally Posted by darkhorizon View Post
    Curved paths would be amazing. Heck, even diagonal paths would be nice...just to help get rid of that "everything is at a 90 degree angle" feeling.

But these screenshots: http://m.imgur.com/a/5tPK2

...make it seem like we will have essentially the same path system as RCT3, at least in terms of flexibility. Then again, this could have changed, since these screenshots were released back when Pipeworks were the devs. I'm curious as to what they mean by 'painted on', as well.

By the way, AI algorithms have gotten so advanced and performant over the years, I personally am not too concerned about any performance impact curved paths may have.
    True, but these screenshots are old and from a different developer. Maybe Area52 succeeded in creating curved paths !

Curved Paths

Curved Paths
    https://forum.rollercoastertycoon.co...ce-and-for-all

Here is a link to a "poll and discussion" thread where you can vote and share your thoughts about curved paths,whether you like them or not.Please Vote..Thanks.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234