Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Steam Workshop Compatibility || Uploading Builds, Parks, Etc.

Steam Workshop Compatibility || Uploading Builds, Parks, Etc.

Forgive me if i'm wrong, but i couldn't seem to find any information of Steam Workshop Compatibility for Rollercoaster Tycoon World. If there is information on it, let me know and i will remove the Thread :P

Anyway, i think it would be nice to get Steam Workshop Compatibility on RCTW for users to be able to build and upload parks, coasters, custom scenery, mods etc. In this age, i think it is needed for most games. It would save you having to download the map and adding it into your files.

Let me know what you think.

- InfinityHDD

Junior Enthusiast
    We haven't heard anything about it, as far as I know.

On the main RCTW page under the Features sections it says
    "Full Selection of Pre-Built Park Assets: Design your very own park with a plethora of choices of various rides, attractions, shops, decorations and more. Personalize your park by selecting different preset locations to build the ultimate theme park. Additionally, Custom Scenery will be available as a free update post launch."
    I think a lot of us are taking this to be through the Steam Workshop due to the game being listed on Steam and having a community page there, although they havent actually confirmed if the custom assets will be through Steam Workshop but I would be surprised if it is not following the success of the Steam Workshop integration of Cities Skylines.

This idea has already been brought up before, but I still think it needs to be stressed to the devs that this is ESSENTIAL if they want the game to succeed. Although awesome previously, custom scenery was very buggy, would usually crash the game, hard to make and was very hard to get in the game. Eliminating these problems would be awesome.

Newcomer
    I think a game like this can't exist without some kind of mod support. It needn't be steam workshop per say (though convenient). The life cycle of a game like this can be enhanced greatly if mod support is done well. I mean there a many examples. Current examples include Cities Skylines, TES Skyrim, Fallout and KSP. Games that are unmoddable or hard to mod have a limited life cycle something that might hurt sales when a next instalment comes along.

They really should do a Workshop Page
    because it's the easiest way to get mods and all that kinda stuff
    Please make this happen Atari PLEEEAASSEE xD

I expect the Workshop will be used to upload/download parks and track designs, and that would be fair enough for me. It'd save the hassle of looking for something to download and putting it in a folder.

As I said previously, they have confirmed that Custom Assets will be available through a free dlc post release. The way I'm reading that is that the facility to use these will be added, most likely through the Workshop as the site seems to be steering you towards the steam community page.
    What they haven't said ia whether there will be a bundled asset editor. being a skykines player I hope they do as it's been a bit of fun playing with the asset editor, I've only been making my own parks and intersections rather than uploading anything yet as I've just had for about a week, but if they are supporting custom assets I think an asset editor is needed and hopefully they are waiting until the core game is completed and this is what the dlc will be

Quote Originally Posted by Beaker86 View Post
    On the main RCTW page under the Features sections it says
    "Full Selection of Pre-Built Park Assets: Design your very own park with a plethora of choices of various rides, attractions, shops, decorations and more. Personalize your park by selecting different preset locations to build the ultimate theme park. Additionally, Custom Scenery will be available as a free update post launch."
    I think a lot of us are taking this to be through the Steam Workshop due to the game being listed on Steam and having a community page there, although they havent actually confirmed if the custom assets will be through Steam Workshop but I would be surprised if it is not following the success of the Steam Workshop integration of Cities Skylines.
    Oh man the custom scenery I didn't catch

Yeah, they need a better way to install custom scenery/mods than they did in previous versions.
    They should also allow mods to change more than just adding new rides by having some sort of advanced modding API. That way all sorts of new features could be added.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast