Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Daily Attendance - Real World vs RCT World

Daily Attendance - Real World vs RCT World

Daily Attendance figures for Real World themeparks differ drastically from RCT's own guest count.

The BIG TWO, Disney and Universal see an average of about 40,000 visitors per park, per day (on a slow day) Obviously we won't be hitting these kind of numbers in our game. Man, could you imagine the amount of lag if that were the case? (YIKES!) So in a quest for realism what could we do to get higher attendance figures?

In past scenarios we were tasked with trying to get 1000 peeps in the park at the end of October Year 3. For RCT World I think we should strive for 15,000 guests!

My solution is stupid easy: BS the data!

Has anyone actually counted their Peeps in the park at any given time? I mean truly counted? The data can easily be altered without affecting performance. A Park with 700 peeps walking around looks just as busy as a park with 1600! I don't think it would be too difficult to give us higher, more realistic attendance numbers. I'd like for this (or something similar) to be added to the game.

Would you want to see more realistic guest attendance?
    How could this be implemented? without affecting gameplay?
    Last edited by magicart87; 06-28-2015 at 10:00 PM.

Scaling the data is a great idea, and I would bet that it was an early decision by the development team. In particular, this is a decision that affects the economics of the park. Using your numbers, the Peeps to Real World ratio is about 1:10. This means that in order for the game economy to reflect real world numbers, eacn Peep must spend 10x what a real world visitor would spend. Charging $20 for a drink or $50 for a burger is clearly ridiculous.

This is partly why the ride and coaster construction costs are so low.

Another option would be to only render a maximum of, say, 5000 Peeps but track as many that come to the park. That way you would have revenue from a larger group without the graphical impact.

I agree that a park with 700 Peeps looks just as busy as a park with a lot more. I have also seen that a park with over 3000 peeps really starts to show, among other things, the exact paths that Peeps walk- the algorythms behind everything start to show through.

Scaling of attendance data would have to be done gradually so as to look authentic. An actual guest list would have to generate multiple "real names" for the same peep along with duplicate revenue or similar dummy data.

Yes scaling would be great.
    More peeps would be great because of the Qs but scaling means that a coaster doesn't cost 3 thousand bugs any more.

Plus 1000

Newcomer
    I think the trouble lies in yearly figures not the n peeps in the park at the same time. Ingame peeps stay in the park for months on end where most people in real parks come for a day or stay a few days at most. even though you might scale the data on a day to day basis on a yearly basis it would become noticeable seen as you are talking about a factor 1000 difference between real life and RCTW. So it would actually be a 5000 dollar burger to get a real world economy
    Last edited by Menno; 06-29-2015 at 01:39 PM.

My solution would be just to multiply the Peep count 1:10.

For every 1 real Peep, the game creates 10 "data-clones".
    The data-clones mimic the original Alpha Peep. If the alpha Peep buys a hamburger...so do the clones.

Example: $50 on admission + $30 on food and shop purchases + $5 for on-ride photo = $85 spent by the Alpha Peep

The Alpha Peep data is then multiplied X 10 = $850 spent by "10" peeps in park attendance.
    Last edited by magicart87; 06-29-2015 at 04:46 PM.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    This is why I came up with the idea of investor money. Another source of income beyond just park tickets and ride tickets. The better your park is doing financially and the higher your park rating the more investor money you draw in. It gives the same effect of having more guest i.e more money but gives players a way to know where the extra money is coming from. Fudging the numbers would lead to confusion imo. Instead of knowing exactly how many guest are in your park you would have to to account for 10 invisible guest? Huh? Plus it would probably be really buggy. Investor money gives your park more income and solves the problem of not having a million peeps slowing down your system. What's the point of having real world attendance anyway? Does it really matter? Would it add anyhting to the game game play wise? Not really...

Quote Originally Posted by OTR24 View Post
    Instead of knowing exactly how many guest are in your park you would have to to account for 10 invisible guest? Huh? Plus it would probably be really buggy. Investor money gives your park more income and solves the problem of not having a million peeps slowing down your system. What's the point of having real world attendance anyway? Does it really matter? Would it add anyhting to the game game play wise? Not really...
    Invisible Guests (in name only) it would actually just be data running in the background of our game. (data-clones)

There doesn't "need" to be a point in having real world attendance, but it would give us more realistic finances without game lag, e.g. rendering 500 peeps verse 5000! Who doesn't want thousands of guests in their park? And we would have truer to real-life scenario challenges; as mentioned in the top post.

It's the same thing you're idea hints at, but it's all done behind the scenes. No hassle. In any case, I don't see why your idea can't still be implemented. Although I don't really understand why you felt the need to mention it in this thread. I don't see how investor money and park attendance relate.

In any case, I would like a higher peep count/park attendance for RCT World.
    Last edited by magicart87; 06-29-2015 at 05:39 PM.

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    I only brought it up because I had the same idea as above^^^^ but it makes no sense. There's no real reason to do it other than to make our parks more money. But making money was never an issue in previous RCT games. I only thought of investor money because I thought it was one of many ways we could make more money. For the devs hotels and higher prices for food/drinks seem like the obvious ways to do it. Just be multiplying how much money people will spend on food/drinks already doubles how much money we will make. Also increase how much money people will pay to enter the park. But none of this really matters unless devs increase the price of building rides and shops. Which I don't see them doing.

Junior Enthusiast
    They're running on the same engine as Cities: Skylines which can simulate up to a million people so I don't see why this game couldn't simulate around 30K in a park. What's so more complex about RCTW?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast