Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would you pay $$$ to have this on your tablets?

Would you pay $$$ to have this on your tablets?

We know that there is a great difference between RCT1 and RCTM. I think there was hope prior to the release of RCTM for the first mobile version of this series to be RCT1 just ported to our tablets and phones.

I would love that.

There are games that cost more than $9.99 though ports seem to range about $6.99. RCT however, if we had original game play without any loss (only additions) would be something I would buy. I might even be convinced that it was a $19.99 game.

Thoughts?

I would easily pay €15 for a good mobile port of rct1 (not a newer rct, only rct1). RCT1 can be played as mouse-only game, so apart from completely rewriting the game (or does apple support assembly?) nothing has te be changed.

Yeah I would totally buy the game if its stays around 10-15 bucks. Would it be so hard to make it possible for mobile? The game is that big and demanding?? Maybe kickstart the project, there would be more then enough people to back it up...

Quote Originally Posted by bullet View Post
    Yeah I would totally buy the game if its stays around 10-15 bucks. Would it be so hard to make it possible for mobile? The game is that big and demanding?? Maybe kickstart the project, there would be more then enough people to back it up...
    I wish I was a better programmer and could reverse engineer it, but I think that the name/title is tied up in licensing

dwwilkin, jens, & Bullet
    About a year ago, Chris Sawyer himself worked with a studio to bring Transport Tycoon (the game that RCT1 was planned to be a direct sequel of until Sawyer fell in love with rollercoasters) to the mobile platform, and the version was a solid port that transitioned well as an on-the-go game. If he can get the rights, I'm sure it would be a well-made port that would be successful.

Ive got that game on my iPad. But were enough Gamers to chime in on this thread, perhaps one day Atari might see value in spending resources to do this

Why RCT1 and not RCT2? Since RCT2 was released I haven't turned back to the first - it was a long time ago, but from I remember RCT2 was only better?

Nostalgia.

Fair enough - I guess if RCT2 was ported directly over I probably wouldn't buy it because I have it for my PC and I only have an iPhone 5 so it's not really a "tablet".

And Custom piece importing in the tablet world might be a problem for programming

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast