Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 10

Junior Enthusiast 0BobTheJanitor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It had probably something to do with 3rd-party software and the os-version check (something like if os version start with 9)
    It would be a problem if you use windows 9 but the software doesn't run because it thinks you use win 95/98.
    Windows 8.1 was probably considered Windows 9.

If it runs on Windows 8, it will run on Windows 10. Also, Windows 10 is Windows version 7.

You shouldn't have to wait before upgrading to Windows 10, as the've had public test builds for nearly a year now: they should have most bugs gone by now.

Alot of People Forget that the Engine that RCTW is using is The Unity5 Engine, it Has Dx12 in it. So of Course the game will be Compatible with Windows 10. Mattlab did say they wanted it be nextgen and that the dx requirment would be dx11 and above.

Thats why iam upgrading to Windows 10 for dx12, RCTW players that are going to be running the game on Windows10 with DX12 will have the better Performance over the people using Windows 7.

Where DX12 realy shines is for games that have alot of things happening on Screen and cpu heavy. Iam into building Big Parks, This is were it realy benifting RCTW, is the big parks and alot of things Animating on screen.

This is the Reason Mattlab says the minimum DX requriment is DX11.So that means DX12 will be for the Optimal Performance.
    Last edited by Akydo; 06-24-2015 at 02:41 PM.

Even if it doesn't work, there are merge programs to transfer programs to a W10 format, though I wouldn't recommend it. But I agree that RCTW will definitely work with W10, seeing as rct3 works with W8.

Quote Originally Posted by CedarPointFan View Post
    Even if it doesn't work, there are merge programs to transfer programs to a W10 format, though I wouldn't recommend it. But I agree that RCTW will definitely work with W10, seeing as rct3 works with W8.
    We are indeed working on making sure the game works well with Windows 10. Once we are further into testing we will be announcing updated recommend specs, etc. That said the requirement to have a 64bit OS, at least 4gb of memory, and with a card that supports at minimum DX11 will likely not be changing.
    Executive Producer - Atari
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Quote Originally Posted by Mattlab View Post
    We are indeed working on making sure the game works well with Windows 10. Once we are further into testing we will be announcing updated recommend specs, etc. That said the requirement to have a 64bit OS, at least 4mb of memory, and with a card that supports at minimum DX11 will likely not be changing.
    Uhhh...4mb

Quote Originally Posted by JayB_Yolo View Post
    Uhhh...4mb
    4GB - typo not mb
    Executive Producer - Atari
    Team RollerCoaster Tycoon World

Really it makes sense win 10 is going to support some sort of backwards compatibility like win 8 does.Games like RCT2 and even Battlefield 2(also 3) works fine on my win 8 PC,surely it will be the same Story with win10.

Well I think I have to say that not everyones pc will respond the same to it
    Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    It had probably something to do with 3rd-party software and the os-version check (something like if os version start with 9)
    It would be a problem if you use windows 9 but the software doesn't run because it thinks you use win 95/98.

I think I have to disagree, it runs pretty well for me, just some of the preview apps are a bit buggy, but not to much

Volunteer
    Thanks for the response Mattlab

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12