Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If things don't work out, how about...

Question If things don't work out, how about...

Hey,

So lets say things don't work out for rct world or any other roller coaster tycoon game,

I was thinking we could redo, rct3 customer scenery and coasters,

I mean i could also make a hotel addon for the game .

What i'm saying is, would you play rct3 alot more, if someone updated the tracks, rides, and custom senery? also with little feature's such as "ride operators" moving up and down the station's checking harnesses, or with the ability to put hotel's in the game.

So would you be in, or out?

Junior Enthusiast 0BobTheJanitor's Avatar
    A remake or mod? Because I don't think modding is possible at the moment for RCT3.

Well who is free among community to do it.(I mean really its a big task..don't get me bad here)

A lot of that has already been done but there's limitations with RCT3 modding also.

Yeah Mod.

I know there been alot of mod's done, but they are either rubbish or know one can find them, i was thinking of completely revamping all the rides and roller coasters to look alot better for a start, and i was also thinking of making a mod for people who wan't to build hotel's where guest's can actually go into a room, sleep ect. I was also thinking about putting new rides and coaster car's into the game,

Yes i agree it would take alot, but a community effort would help!

Oh and not forgetting, i wanted ride operators to move up and down the tracks, & also get rid of the crappy exit and entrance's and replacing them with realistic entrances.

Here's what i was thinking.

* Refurbish all the flat rides and add new ones
    * Refurbish all the roller coasters + Remove that horrible station block (will be useful when modding)
    * Add a hotel mod, So guest can enter into rooms and sleep, ect.
    * Add New Scenery
    * Add a ride operators mod (So they can walk up and down and release the coaster) [Or so it looks like lol]
    * Add New Tycoon Scenario's too the game...

That's all i've got for now, but it would just be the purpose of making good quality mods / scenery rather then average bog standard ones,
    But i'm sure that if this was to take off then alot more would be added to the list!

Quote Originally Posted by 0BobTheJanitor View Post
    Changing models could be possible. Creating and modifying existing behaviors, not so much.
    Really it depends on how the game is structured, which is beyond my ability.
    Wouldn't be really changing any existing behaviours except for the hotel mod, however, it's possible if you know what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiger View Post
    Wouldn't be really changing any existing behaviours except for the hotel mod, however, it's possible if you know what you're doing.
    I no too little about any code that is not pre-compiled, but every behavior is probably intertwined and connected, so adding anything extra would require some "padding" to work.

Quote Originally Posted by 0BobTheJanitor View Post
    I no too little about any code that is not pre-compiled, but every behavior is probably intertwined and connected, so adding anything extra would require some "padding" to work.
    Not not really, It's not like you're adding new code, you're just modifying it...

I'm finding you a little confusing, you do know that people having been modding RCT3 for years? http://www.customscenerydepot.com/
    Last edited by Tiger; 06-21-2015 at 03:23 PM.

But that is scenery modding. Ovl files are already well understood (how they learned to decompile the file is beyond me ). Modifying core files is treading new waters. Assuming it is all under a dll or exe, accessing usable code would be difficult.

But I've seen it happen before: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=alhok_agXkg so good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast