Thread: Aside from RCTW, what else is Atari working on?

Aside from RCTW, what else is Atari working on?

I just read up on atari history from day one, what 'roller coaster' of a history! (hilarious joke)

But in the here and now, RCTW seems likely it will need an extended development period in light of all that has happened, and that costs money.

So what else do Atari have underway to keep the cash-flow in check? If I'm honest I'm not big on games in general these days - but I assume they have other irons on the fire?

They just released a new Alone in the Dark, which is a title that has a big name, so there are fans who buy this title for sure and then I read about another title called Asteroids: Outpost, which is an Early Access Open World Multiplayer Survival Sandbox game. It has average ratings on steam. This is all I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Caine View Post
    They just released a new Alone in the Dark, which is a title that has a big name, so there are fans who buy this title for sure and then I read about another title called Asteroids: Outpost, which is an Early Access Open World Multiplayer Survival Sandbox game. It has average ratings on steam. This is all I know.
    I knew about Alone in the Dark, but only because I played the original as a kid (and it scared the **** out of me)! But I see the new one has only got 5/10 on steam. Anyway it's already released. Asteroids: Outpost looks pretty lightweight but OK.

But no other big games in the pipeline? It's hard to see what keeps Atari afloat these days. There last financial reports indicated RCT3&4 as 2 of the major driving forces for their revenue streams. So naturally RCTW was worth investing in for them, 3&4 can't last forever.

Kinda need something else though, at very least RCTW is now threatened. I really don't want RCT franchise to dive.

Atari won't be developing this in-house, they'll just be publishers

Quote Originally Posted by Epic Wink View Post
    Atari won't be developing this in-house, they'll just be publishers
    I don't think anyone said they were?

They're not just publishers by the way. They are producing the games to. IE Mattlab is an atari Producer and is employing the services of the developers.

What about the other rollercoaster game Planet Coaster? Aren't they working on it?

Passive Peep
    Quote Originally Posted by freez99313 View Post
    What about the other rollercoaster game Planet Coaster? Aren't they working on it?
    Nah that's frontier developing that, they made RCT3 but Atari published it