Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 291

Thread: [Planet Coaster]

  1. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Is that good or bad though?

    I walked across the park near my house today and none of trees were bending back and fourth in a light breeze!

    I suppose things like that get tweaked last thing as they don't effect gameplay itself. the trees and bushes look good in both trailers though. Very dense and realistic. I think still sprite based, but possibly procedural in true 3D - advances in 3D render routines allow modern GPUs to render a single 3D solid and position it several times across a mesh without rendering each one individually. So it could be they look so dense, because they are that dense.
    I'm not sure if I like it or not, I was mainly pointing out because if this was a totally pre-rendered cinematic, they would have made the trees move.
    Some games make trees move too much and it's distracting,though a completely solid object might be a little weird too. I think a gentle sway would be nice, but I can live without.

  2. #22
    Speed Seeker Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by coaster View Post
    I don't know if anyone else caught this, but you can pay a few hundred dollars to get your name put on a stone that will be at the entrance of every park in game. This is cool and realistic, because Disney did the same thing. It is too much money for me, but I think it is a really nice idea.
    https://www.frontierstore.net/game-e...883.1434547368
    Yea quite a lot of money! But then if they sell 10m copies of this (as RCT3 did) then it would pretty cool to have your message etched on computer game history forever. My concern would be that a lot of people won't want other people's names in their parks and it's likely this will be the first part of the game to be hacked by someone - removing the stones.

    I would prefer it if my name could be hidden on a ride somewhere. IE I pay £500 to get my name on a ride, and it's hidden and only visible when you zoom right in.

    It's certainly a cool idea and I don't think £500 is too steep, I expect them to sell all the stones pretty quickly actually.

    what's more of a concern is we don't what limit they may place on beta access spaces so we don't know how long we have to signup for that!

  3. #23
    Speed Seeker The Stig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,075
    Hey! They took my "work as a staff member" idea!

  4. #24
    Speed Seeker Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Hey! They took my "work as a staff member" idea!
    Perhaps contact them and ask for a free flagstone if that's true

  5. #25
    Speed Seeker The Stig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    Perhaps contact them and ask for a free flagstone if that's true
    Well, Planet Coaster is bound for failure because I didn't see any hotels or dark rides.

  6. #26
    Speed Seeker Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by JayB_Yolo View Post
    Yep we can't forget about bankruptcy they faced and now they are spending more money to make this game good(so much precious funds gone) and I wonder how they are going to show their game.Really Atari should try to make a comeback with a Trailer.Going to E3 and talking about progression is of no use.
    They could maybe show a montage from the developers offices. so start with a sketch of a ride, a few words from a modeller about how they intend to make it, then a bit showing Mattlab reviewing the model and suggesting changes and improvements, then end with a short animation of the final model that will appear in the game.

    This sort of thing would show them working hard to make things as good as they can be and it would mean as much as a trailer to me.

    But like you say, financially there is a very real possibility they can't match PCSE quality as they simply don't have the resources. I have a sneaking suspicion Atari have just been going through the motions of RCTW development recently, probably holding off spending very much money until Frontier show where there game is headed - which now they have, and it must brown trousers time at Atari HQ.

  7. #27
    Super Member magicart87's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,843
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Well, Planet Coaster is bound for failure because I didn't see any hotels or dark rides.
    Just spit coffee out of mouth! BuHahaa! Touche sir, Touche.

  8. #28
    Speed Seeker Deuce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    2,005
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
    Well, Planet Coaster is bound for failure because I didn't see any hotels or dark rides.
    lol. People have this thing where they want hotels, and people driving up and parking in cars, where does it end?? Showing people waking up and brushing their teeth before driving to the park?

    Dark rides would be an excellent idea though. I see evidence of light occlusion in the trailers, so it may well be possible to enclose a ride with scenery and it actually be 'dark'.

  9. #29
    Speed Seeker The Stig's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    2,075
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    lol. People have this thing where they want hotels, and people driving up and parking in cars, where does it end?? Showing people waking up and brushing their teeth before driving to the park?

    Dark rides would be an excellent idea though. I see evidence of light occlusion in the trailers, so it may well be possible to enclose a ride with scenery and it actually be 'dark'.
    And the ability to walk around and wait in line.
    Real-time Virtual Queuing? How exciting!

  10. #30
    Planet Coaster has curved paths confirmed.
    10/10 would buy over RCTW.

Page 3 of 30 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
About us
RollerCoaster Tycoon is back! RCTW is the first new entry to the RollerCoaster Tycoon franchise in a decade, bringing an innovative new track builder, and much more.
Join us