Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast

Thread: [Planet Coaster]

It would be very nice if the peeps looking more like the sims peeps.

I I just hope there are different skins. I don't want to see every 10th looking the same even by the animations.

To checks this Nvizzio should zoom a little bit out and then just look focus at the center of the scene where could be a crowded plaza or queues and the the human eyes should recognize automatically skins and animations that were repeated more than it should.

and if Atari would offer to create everyone's own peep for little fee that would increase the realistic feeling
    Intel i5-3470 3.2-3.6 GHz | 2GB Gigabyte GV-R7870C | 8GB DDR3

I really hope too, that the peeps are 100% alive and you'll see, if they get bored or hungry e.t.c
    Like in RCT 3

A question:

Atari, are you allowed to "Copy" the people from Frontier? Because Frontier do the same like in RCT 3 and now you guys own the Rollercoaster Tycoon Series and now you can to exatly the same or?

I apologize for my english, it sucks...I really hope too, that the peeps are 100% alive and you'll see, if they get borred or hungry e.t.c
    Like in RCT 3

A question:

Atari, are you allowed to "Copy" the people from Frontier? Because Frontier do the same like in RCT 3 and now you guys own the Rollercoaster Tycoon Series and now you can to exactly the same or?

I wish that come true -> Atari + Frontier = Planet Rollercoaster Tycoon = (Atari= Good Park / Coaster Editor) (Frontier= Nice + good looking Peeps) == BEST GAME EVER!

I apologize for my english, it sucks...

Park Patron
    New leaked in game footage!

''Leaked in game footage!... Seems pre-rendered but it gives us a good idea of graphics!''

+1, Frontier.

Quote Originally Posted by SparkyUK View Post
    That's not in-game footage. It's animated/orchestrated and showing off assets and nothing more.
    I agree it is scripted. I don't see that sequence playing out during a game. But I think that every asset in that sequence is from the game.

My conclusion comes from the fact that the level of detail and texturing is way too basic for a purpose rendered scene, but about right for a 'AAA' game of this type.

That is further backed up by the peep simulations shown playing in their dev diary - the quality is comparable.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuce View Post
    I agree it is scripted. I don't see that sequence playing out during a game. But I think that every asset in that sequence is from the game.

My conclusion comes from the fact that the level of detail and texturing is way too basic for a purpose rendered scene, but about right for a 'AAA' game of this type.

That is further backed up by the peep simulations shown playing in their dev diary - the quality is comparable.
    True.

Honestly I don't care if this are assets. In the game we will see these assets, or even better assets, so only show that asset they demonstrate what they can do.

I like the way that Frontier work, for that I said +1.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Android View Post
    New leaked in game footage!

''Leaked in game footage!... Seems pre-rendered but it gives us a good idea of graphics!''

+1, Frontier.
    It's from one of the Access All Areas topics from the Coaster Head Club section of the forum. It was apparently one of the videos they were showing to the press at Gamescom in early August.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by Harbinger73 View Post
    It's from one of the Access All Areas topics from the Coaster Head Club section of the forum. It was apparently one of the videos they were showing to the press at Gamescom in early August.
    Perfect, now I understand why the press said that the visitors were very expressive.

If the Peeps are anything like the Ghosts in the Beta release, they will be Stiff as Mannequins. A few I saw were standing by themselves and reacting to peeps that weren't even there (bending down as if to talk to a child or reaching out to another peep). But this/that was the Beta soo... Who knows.

Another Concern of mine is, Why RCTW chose Unity? The games I've played that use Unity are terrible and full of Glitches/Bugs, with a few that the 'Command Council" opens and can't be closed. Characters falling through objects, ground, mountains and walking through each other. Objects and Characters Look Good (Not Great) but also like they have No Substance to them, No Depth.

From What I See, PC's Animations may look Cartoony but it will hold up and not age like a more realistic rendered game. 5yrs from now PC Graphics will still look fresh, where as RCTW will look Dated as Newer Graphics Cards/Engines will Blow the ones used now, away. Like PS1 Graphics compared to the PS3 or even PS4. The More realistic rendered games look like .... where as the Cartoony ones still pass as decent.
    Last edited by ravenlorans; 12-09-2015 at 05:57 PM.

Park Patron
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenlorans View Post
    If the Peeps are anything like the Ghosts in the Beta release, they will be Stiff as Mannequins. A few I saw were standing by themselves and reacting to peeps that weren't even there (bending down as if to talk to a child or reaching out to another peep). But this/that was the Beta soo... Who knows.

Another Concern of mine is, Why RCTW chose Unity? The games I've played that use Unity are terrible and full of Glitches/Bugs, with a few that the 'Command Council" opens and can't be closed. Characters falling through objects, ground, mountains and walking through each other. Objects and Characters Look Good (Not Great) but also like they have No Substance to them, No Depth.

From What I See, PC's Animations may look Cartoony but it will hold up and not age like a more realistic rendered game. 5yrs from now PC Graphics will still look fresh, where as RCTW will look Dated as Newer Graphics Cards/Engines will Blow the ones used now, away. Like PS1 Graphics compared to the PS3 or even PS4. The More realistic rendered games look like .... where as the Cartoony ones still pass as decent.
    Frontier is using the Cobra engine, what is their own engine and they have been using this engine for many years, in fact RCT3 was developed with that engine.

I say this because Frontier is using a good engine, we will probably see few bugs, very few. We will see a game with a unique and original design.

Imagine if the Cobra engine is powerful that in our parks will be able to have 20,000 visitors, and I bet that we will not have performance issues.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenlorans View Post

The reason unity games are often quite buggy and lifeless probably has less to do with unity itself, and more to do with the fact unity is free and therefore it's much more likely that it will be used by developers on a tight budget. Realism is expensive, very expensive. Time spent bug fixing and optimising is also expensive. So I think it's not that suprising that teams that use a free engine to build a game are short of cash to make a great job of it.

I'm aware that cities:skylines was made on unity, and is excellent. But that was a team of passionate guys without expectations of needing to make millions on their heads. So in time (it took them quite a while lol) they made it all good. But most ppl using unity seem to see it as a quick way to kick out a quick game. I'm not saying that is what I think Atari are trying to do now (but maybe at the start they did?), but the evidence so far does have all the hallmarks of cost cutting.

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 162425262728 ... LastLast