Thread: Behind the Scenes & Operator Panels

Behind the Scenes & Operator Panels

Post your favorite behind the scenes images in here. (Bonus points for operator panels)
    bujdjBY.jpg
    first off: The Smiler's operator panel; this is the only image I've ever seen of it. there was a whole album of behind the scenes from The Smiler, but the site that hosted them has closed.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigfu View Post
    Post your favorite behind the scenes images in here. (Bonus points for operator panels)
    bujdjBY.jpg
    first off: The Smiler's operator panel; this is the only image I've ever seen of it. there was a whole album of behind the scenes from The Smiler, but the site that hosted them has closed.

I got a great picture of Oblivion proximity sensors the other day, I'll update the post once I find it on my camera/GoPro/PC :P

Super Moderator
    Volunteer
    Dang! I was backstage behind The Revenge of the Mummy, but I can't find the pictures on my phone!
    Last edited by coaster6; 08-22-2015 at 06:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cigfu View Post
    bujdjBY.jpg
    Looks pretty simple, no wonder why those people got hurt...

great_adventure_052.jpg
    Kingda Ka main control panel. I can't verify this but I don't think the operator there has a hand in the dispatch of trains since he's facing away from the station floor. His main role is most likely to operate the launch controls.

img_1758_4.jpg
    Controls on the station floor for unloading/loading trains. Since there's parallel stations with both unloading and loading areas, Kingda Ka has an unusual amount of station hosts. There's two of these panels for unloading, another two for loading and dispatching; which together with the second station and the main control panel makes a total of eight control panels.

5880Gardaland-binari-New-Ride-2011.jpg
    Lift chain base for Raptor at Gardaland, Italy.

Quote Originally Posted by freez99313 View Post
    Looks pretty simple, no wonder why those people got hurt...
    This is just the workhorse side of the panel, it's simply for monitoring and restraint verification. If I remember correctly, there's a second panel for maintenance mode but I can't verify that.

Quote Originally Posted by CreamyBeef View Post
    I got a great picture of Oblivion proximity sensors the other day, I'll update the post once I find it on my camera/GoPro/PC :P
    I remember seeing used proximity senors for sale on ebay, and they looked pretty similar to what coasters use. I presume there's only a few manufacturers for those sensors in that configuration, so pretty much all coasters use the same type. A company called Pepperl&Fuchs have an article on their website about their sensors on Euro Fighter coasters
    Last edited by Cigfu; 11-20-2015 at 06:57 AM.